Dixie Heights at Covington Catholic Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Covington Catholic
    • Dixie Heights

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/08/2023 at 11:00 PM

13 hours ago, CCHFC said:

I’m interested to see how good Rice is for Dixie. If he can generate some pressure as a blitzer or off the edge, maybe we don’t make it look as easy as we did vs SK. 

It was good to see we ran a bunch of counter last week. It’s a good start to hopefully being a little more diversified in the run game on offense. 

Regardless, I expect for a big CCH win. 

13 hours ago, burreaux said:

More often than not he is blitzing out of a LB position and getting good pressure. I think teams struggle to contain him because he comes from different spots and doesn't hit the same place on the O-Line over and over again.

Dixie's defense is very much feast or famine, but they are basically successful every time Rice gets pressure on the QB 

4 hours ago, FirstTimeLongTime said:

Rice will be the best player on the field. Won’t equal a win. CCH by 3 TDs 

I just hope Rice learns to stop when the officials blow the damn whistle. He was terrible about it last year and had quite a few late hits called (and not called) on him throughout the season. In the films I've watched of two Dixie games this year, he's still very much at it.

I'm all for playing really hard nosed football, but there's a reason so many teams Dixie played last year ended up with injured players on offense.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I just hope Rice learns to stop when the officials blow the damn whistle. He was terrible about it last year and had quite a few late hits called (and not called) on him throughout the season. In the films I've watched of two Dixie games this year, he's still very much at it.

I'm all for playing really hard nosed football, but there's a reason so many teams Dixie played last year ended up with injured players on offense.

Hey, if a team wants to hand us yards on personal fouls, I'll gladly accept them.

I do recall a discussion about a poorly officiated game (for both teams) last year. I can see where a blue colored lens would see “late hits”. If Brach was on the opposing sideline from me, I would also want him to let up a bit. I hope the undertone of these comments is not that the kid is a dirty player. I have had the privilege of watching all of his varsity and JV games. He is not dirty, and he isn’t out to hurt anyone. I hope they do not pull his leash at all and let him do what he has been doing for three games now… play linebacker. While everyone focuses on Brach Rice, the larger picture is that Dixie is markedly better as a team, and slowly getting better every week. Can they turn a corner tonight? It is VERY possible. I wish all these young men a safe and well officiated game so there aren’t any excuses if Dixie pulls this off. I expect a good game this evening. CovCath could very well win, and by all accounts most likely will, I just don’t see it coming easy.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Any word on Leen's status for tonight?

I know I'm definitely looking forward to getting another look at what Gaiser does tonight, too!

He’s good. Way too athletic to be on the sidelines much and provides a great change of pace at RB. 

I was also very surprised how physical he was at corner in his first start as a soph. 

1 hour ago, Finkle Ray said:

I do recall a discussion about a poorly officiated game (for both teams) last year. I can see where a blue colored lens would see “late hits”. If Brach was on the opposing sideline from me, I would also want him to let up a bit. I hope the undertone of these comments is not that the kid is a dirty player. I have had the privilege of watching all of his varsity and JV games. He is not dirty, and he isn’t out to hurt anyone. I hope they do not pull his leash at all and let him do what he has been doing for three games now… play linebacker. While everyone focuses on Brach Rice, the larger picture is that Dixie is markedly better as a team, and slowly getting better every week. Can they turn a corner tonight? It is VERY possible. I wish all these young men a safe and well officiated game so there aren’t any excuses if Dixie pulls this off. I expect a good game this evening. CovCath could very well win, and by all accounts most likely will, I just don’t see it coming easy.

I'm not saying he plays dirty. I'm saying he doesn't pay attention to the whistle. There's a definite difference between the two.

And I understand what you're saying about opposing teams wanting him to let up. And I don't disagree there. He's a hell of an athlete. But the fact is, it's a shared sentiment among a good number of fans watching games on quite a few opposing teams that Rice is consistent with late hits. And I heard directly from the mouth of a Dixie assistant coach this past March, "He's a little too aggressive sometimes when it comes to stopping at the end of the play, but I'm not about to tell the kid that that's a bad thing." I wasn't involved enough in the conversation to be able interject with my take on what he'd just said, but let's just say I definitely don't agree with that particular coach's feelings on that.

• Like 2

Back to the game, I don't think this is close. I see CCH winning by at least 3 TD's. Dixie will not have the success running the ball that they had against Beechwood, and the Dixie passing game isn't good enough to keep them in the game. It may be close at halftime, but when the final score is on the board I think CCH by at least 3 TD's.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hard Work said:

I do! Looking at their schedule I believe that if they can stay healthy there isn't a team on their schedule that can beat them if they can beat Beechwood. 

I really don't think Beechwood stands much of a chance against CCH this year as long as CCH is healthy. 

• Thanks 1