Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Xavier at Frederick Douglass 8/11 Scrimmage Updates

Featured Replies

St. X comes to "The Farm" to scrimmage the Broncos on Friday the 11th. I am trying to confirm the time I think it starts at 6:30pm. I am sure that @Tigerpride94will know for sure. lol

I plan on going and will provide updates here on this thread.  I am now finally able to get around with a walker. If @Tigerpride94goes I'm sure he can provide much better updates that me hobbling around on my walker. lol

  • Replies 199
  • Views 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Tigerpride94
    Tigerpride94

    I plan to be there and can do updates.

  • Colonels_Wear_Blue
    Colonels_Wear_Blue

    I can't tell if this is an automated camera or if it's actually a cameraman operating it....but I know there have been complaints about the automated cameras provided by the KHSAA tracking on the wron

  • Tigerpride94
    Tigerpride94

    Final Varsity: Frederick Douglass 21-20   JV 4th Quarter: St. X 7-0.   Good scrimmage for both teams to see what they need to work on. 

Posted Images

Stream?

  • Author
1 hour ago, Brown said:

Stream?

They have NFHS Network cameras not sure if they’re be used for this game if I find out I’ll let you know. 

Does St. X still have the YouTube channel?

 

9 hours ago, Devils Fan said:

Does St. X still have the YouTube channel?

 

Yes, but that is used for home games and game is at Frederick Douglass.

12 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

St. X comes to "The Farm" to scrimmage the Broncos on Friday the 11th. I am trying to confirm the time I think it starts at 6:30pm. I am sure that @Tigerpride94will know for sure. lol

I plan on going and will provide updates here on this thread.  I am now finally able to get around with a walker. If @Tigerpride94goes I'm sure he can provide much better updates that me hobbling around on my walker. lol

I plan to be there and can do updates.

Douglas's offense scored on the first play, and then defense proceeded to smother Oldham's offense on their opening drive, Douglas's coaches realized that this wasn't helping the varsity and soon took out the starters and just played 2nd and 3rd stringers for the rest of the scrimmage. (Heard this from a player so there might be a bit of exaggeration) 

Some highlights from the scrimmage. ⬇️

https://fb.watch/mgK1ksNr77/?mibextid=I6gGtw

 

1 hour ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

How did FD do against South Oldham?

I was at the scrimmage. FD has many more players than SO. FD is clearly bigger, faster and more athletic. In the scripted portion of the scrimmage South’s defense did ok and held up against the run. Later on when you add in the passing game FD has too much speed. South had a few nice plays on offense but just don’t have enough size/athleticism to stay with FD. South is very young with only 8 seniors. 
I would be very interested to see how FD stacks up vs St X. 

2 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

How did FD do against South Oldham?

I was also at the scrimmage and have access to a recording. The scrimmage started with 5 run play for each team 1s against 1s. SO scored once in this portion (player untouched in the open field). FD may have gained a total of 10 yards on the ground during their 5 plays. After that it was the same format with JV in which FD dominated. Then another 6 run plays for SO 1s vs Douglass 2s and I had another score for SO. FD 1s ran 7 run plays and again may have totaled 15 yards with two fumbles but mixed up Oline throughout. Then the SO 1s ran 5 pass only plays vs FD 1s with one completion. A mix of good coverage and dropped balls. FD 1s then ran 5 pass plays vs SO 1s resulting in 2 completions for roughly 40 yards. Then JV again with FD dominating. Then another 6 pass only plays for SO 1s vs FD 1s resulting in 4 completions for roughly 30 yards. FD 1s ran 6 pass plays vs SO 1s with mixed Oline resulting in 2 completions and a sack. Then SO 1s ran 4 plays vs FD 1s resulting in 2 incompletions and about 15 yards on the ground. FD 1s ran 4 plays vs SO 1s and completed 4 passes with one score and about 40 yards. Then it was 1s and 2s mixed around for about 10 plays. Then there was a scripted period 1s vs 1s where I had FD with 2 scores and SO with about 30 yards on the ground. They then went full contact 1s vs 1s moving the ball from the 40 where I had SO scoring in 9 plays and FD scored in 10 plays. They finished with goal line 1s vs 1s where SO scored in 3 plays and FD scored in 1. I'm quite familiar with FD’s roster so I’m 100% certain when the 1s were in.

@BBN_34 accurate. The Hoban season opener is huge, I think the scrimmages are open auditions for the 2s to see who is game ready. 

This season is going to require a LOT of new names to step up, and FAST.

  • Author
On 8/6/2023 at 9:33 AM, Tigerpride94 said:

I plan to be there and can do updates.

Hey if you get a chance come over on the home side by the fieldhouse and say hi. I won't be hard to find I'll be the guy using a walker. lol

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.