Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AFC Title Game: New England Patriots at Indianapolis Colts

Who goes to the Super Bowl? 95 members have voted

  1. 1. Who goes to the Super Bowl?

    • New England
      44%
      42
    • Indianapolis
      55%
      53

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Pats by 7

  • Replies 72
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Colts all the way

Brady has struggled his last two games against that Colts, they were both in Foxborough. This game is in the dome, Brady is 10-0 in domes, that comes to an end this weekend. The Pats' defense is older, and can not maintain the ability to slow down the Colts offense. Colts win by 10.

Here is Bill Simmons' (ESPN Page 2) take on the game....

 

COLTS (-3) over Patriots

I tried to fight it. Really, I did. I looked at it from every angle. I kept hoping the case for the Patriots would materialize. And I kept coming back to four things:

 

1. The Colts crushed New England the last two times.

 

2. Indy's defense is good when they're protecting a lead -- they're fast upfront, they can rush the passer from different angles, their secondary makes plays, and as they showed last week in Baltimore, they can even get a little physical. If they're trailing by seven in the second half and you can run the ball down their throats? Different story. But that would presume that the Pats -- with a patchwork offense that can't produce any big play -- could take a lead and hold it.

 

3. Vinatieri is looming over everything. There's no doubt he comes into play down the stretch.

 

4. The only way Indy loses is if Manning gets rattled and kills them again. How many times can this happen? Ten? Fifteen? At some point, he has to come up big when it truly matters, right? Right?

 

The Pick: Colts 31, Patrio ...

 

(Wait a second ... if my life depended on this game, would I bet on Manning and Dungy over Belichick and Brady?)

 

(Thinking ... )

 

(Thinking ... )

 

Patriots (+3) over COLTS

Much better.

 

The Pick: Pats 20, Colts 19.

 

I thought it was funny when he says, "Would I bet on Dungy/Manning over Brady/Belichik if my life depended on it?"

 

Would you? I don't believe I could. :lol:

Also, here's another funny excerpt from that article...

 

I can't believe how many readers predicted the following ending of the Pats-Colts game: Vinatieri shanks the game-winning field goal, rips off his jersey to reveal a Pats jersey, then runs across to the Pats sideline and jumps into Belichick's arms as Jim Nantz screams "Noooooooooo! Noooooooooo!" and Peyton Manning breaks out the greatest Manning Face of all-time. Would I sacrifice three months of my life for this to happen? Yeah, probably.

 

 

Here's the link to the whole article if anyone is interested...

 

...it's kinda long, but pretty good.

I know this means NOTHING to any of you, but thought you might find it interesting. I mentioned I'm in this playoff contest, and out of over 80 people, I'm one of only 13 that can win any jack. First place is a pretty healthy amount. Anyway, I thought you may find it interesting how the 13 people's picks shook out:

 

3 took New Orleans / Indy

5 took Chicago / Indy (including me)

4 took New Orleans / New England

1 took Chicago / New England (hero or goat...)

 

I think the balance underscores how tricky these games are this weekend.

Tough to go against Brady and the Hoodie in the playoffs but....

The Colts have won the last two against the Pats, in NE both times, so, they have broken the curse.

The Pats DID run on the Colts the last time (148 yards) and they still lost.

The Pat's past success in the playoffs over the Colts have been in Foxboro and I believe that is the major difference. The Colts have not lost at home this year.

Although all four "experts" on Sportscenter picked the Colts, I still have to go with them.

Here is Bill Simmons' (ESPN Page 2) take on the game....

 

COLTS (-3) over Patriots

I tried to fight it. Really, I did. I looked at it from every angle. I kept hoping the case for the Patriots would materialize. And I kept coming back to four things:

 

1. The Colts crushed New England the last two times.

 

2. Indy's defense is good when they're protecting a lead -- they're fast upfront, they can rush the passer from different angles, their secondary makes plays, and as they showed last week in Baltimore, they can even get a little physical. If they're trailing by seven in the second half and you can run the ball down their throats? Different story. But that would presume that the Pats -- with a patchwork offense that can't produce any big play -- could take a lead and hold it.

 

3. Vinatieri is looming over everything. There's no doubt he comes into play down the stretch.

 

4. The only way Indy loses is if Manning gets rattled and kills them again. How many times can this happen? Ten? Fifteen? At some point, he has to come up big when it truly matters, right? Right?

 

The Pick: Colts 31, Patrio ...

 

(Wait a second ... if my life depended on this game, would I bet on Manning and Dungy over Belichick and Brady?)

 

(Thinking ... )

 

(Thinking ... )

 

Patriots (+3) over COLTS

Much better.

 

The Pick: Pats 20, Colts 19.

 

I thought it was funny when he says, "Would I bet on Dungy/Manning over Brady/Belichik if my life depended on it?"

 

Would you? I don't believe I could. :lol:

 

I read that today as well, Simmons is really funny!

While I'm hoping for the Colts all the matchups point to the Pats. L.Johnson and J.Lewis both play in boring offenses that are predictable. Load up the box, stop them and you are gold. The Pats are about as unpredictable as it gets. The Colts have ZERO pass rush other than Freeny so he gets doubled and Brady has all day. Rob Morriss gets stuck on guys like Kevin Faulk by formation and gets eaten up. Maroney and Dillon have nice games. Manning gets frustrated. Brady/Billecheck vs Manning/Dungy advantage Pats, I'd rather see the Colts.

In the end I go back to THE PATS SOLD THEIR SOUL WHEN THE GOT RID OF VINETERI! I THINK HE KICKS THE GAME WINNER TO BEAT THEM!

Gotta go with the Patriots on this one...

Guys, I'm watching the Sports Reporters on ESPN as of now, and all four of the Reporters are picking the Colts to win.

Everybody else I've seen picked the Pats:lol:

Past odds say the Pats easy but I think in the dome, Vineteri on the other sideline and Ty Law in a different Uni pays off for the Colts!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.