Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AFC Title Game: New England Patriots at Indianapolis Colts

Who goes to the Super Bowl? 95 members have voted

  1. 1. Who goes to the Super Bowl?

    • New England
      44%
      42
    • Indianapolis
      55%
      53

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

It's a coin flip. Hope that helps... :D :jump:

Yeah, that's awesome info. You're the best. ;)

 

There is the playoff contest I'm in, 80 people, I'm in 7th at this point. However, I can't afford to miss a game the rest of the way and I need some help since only the Top 4 get paid. I think this game will be the deciding factor.....

 

HELP!!!

  • Replies 72
  • Views 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the game is close in the 4th quarter then I don't like the Colts chances. That said, the Colts don't let it get too close.;)

 

Peyton finally beats Brady in the playoffs.

Peyton finally beats Brady in the playoffs.

Okay, you think the Saints are going to smoke the Bears, so this is one solid vote for the Pats. ;):p:D

 

 

Give me some "why's". I understand all of the subplots, I know the history of the rivalry, I get Peyton's short-comings when the chips are down...what am I missing.

I just can nudge myself to one side or another...and I have to make a pick by tomorrow.

 

I see that Indy is winning this poll, but without seeing who voted where, it's hard to judge the quantity over the quality. :cool:

 

Can someone please make a definitive argument for one team over the other? I'm begging for advice that I can depend on. :D

 

Well, I'm on the fence like you are, but if I were in a contest, I'd have to go New England. You gotta play the odds and listen to what history is telling us...no way I could ever pick Peyton and Dungy in a playoff game with something at stake.

 

I don't think you're going to get that moment of clarity that tells you who will win...play the odds.

 

Here are some things to consider

 

1. Tom Brady is 12-1 in the playoffs...he's never lost an AFC Title game.

2. Peyton Manning is 5-6 in the playoffs.

3. Peyton Manning has twice as many TD's as Int's in regular season play...in the playoffs he has 16 TD's and 13 picks...historically he has struggled more against teams that play a 3-4 defense (see New England, San Diego, Baltimore, etc.)

4. New England's has the best D-line of any 3-4 team in the NFL (Wilfork, Warren, Seymour), along with smart, disciplined, underrated, playmaking LB's (Bruschi, Vrabel, Colvin).

5. Tony Dungy vs. Bill Belichik in the playoffs...

6. Indy's defense can be exploited and they'll be facing a much better and balanced offense this week, with a QB who can exploit them.

7. If Brady loosens up the Indy defense passing the ball, Maroney and Dillon could have huge days.

 

 

Just some things to consider.

mark it down.

 

On his way to winning his first Super Bowl and silencing so many critics, Peyton is going to have a huge game and the Colts roll to a 24-14 W.

I'd rather see the Patriots win because hopefully they would match up with the Saints and I can see them having an easier time against the Pats than the Colts.

1) The Patriots Oline is pretty solid....You give Tom Brady time and he will kill you softly.

2) Maroney and Dillion are too good for the Colts run D....There is no way the Colts D was as bad as it was for so long and then all of a sudden is good. I don't buy it, and think the Pats will expose them for frauds.

3) The Pats beat SD @ SD, which means they held LT in check. The Colts don't have an LT caliber-player.

4) The Pats have Tom Brady, Michigan Grad btw:D , who is unbeatable in big game situations, while the Colts have Peyton Manning who has proven he can choke away the big game almost as easily as Notre Dame.

 

 

Pats win this one 17-16 on a missed 53 yard Viniteri FG as time expires...

Pats 24

Colts 21

 

The pats are as clutch as they come, and Manning has not had a good playoffs thus far, and now he is facing a team that he has almost always struggled with...

I think some of you folks are reading too much into "Indy's defense turning the corner." Even a bad run defense can stop a team when it's putting 8-9 men in the box, and the opposing team continues to run right into that defense, ignoring single coverage opportunities.

 

I can't wait to see the "Manning Face." :D

I'm going with the Colts over the Patriots, and with the history of me picking the right team to win,which is not good, it might be a good idea if you, h. s. sportsrbest pick the other team to win.;)

I've turned in my sheet for this week....gulp, the Colts.

 

I went with New England...I don't have a lot of confidence either way about who will wint his one. I expect it to be down to the wire and either team could win...it may be who has the ball last...or first in OT.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.