Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds at A's (4/28-4/30)

Featured Replies

That was a good win, only because they had to come from behind late and then hold on in the bottom of the ninth to secure the win.

Oakland is an embarrassment to "professional" baseball.

I assume that we are playing them becausue we were equally as futile a year ago, and someone thinks we deserve each other..

4 hours ago, Mustang said:

Oakland is an embarrassment to "professional" baseball.

I assume that we are playing them becausue we were equally as futile a year ago, and someone thinks we deserve each other..

I didn’t expect to hear from you here. We usually don’t when things are going positive for a local team.

 Oakland is a joke, but MLB changed the scheduling format and each team now plays one another, so it has nothing to do with being futile.

Hunter Greene gave up 0 earned runs in 5 innings of work. I already know your feelings on him throwing 112 pitches in 5 innings. Have a great day!

Read that Oakland is the first team to lose 23 games before May 1st. Woof.

Back to back brooms?

50 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Read that Oakland is the first team to lose 23 games before May 1st. Woof.

Back to back brooms?

Let’s hope! 

3 hours ago, ChickenWyngz said:

I didn’t expect to hear from you here. We usually don’t when things are going positive for a local team.

 Oakland is a joke, but MLB changed the scheduling format and each team now plays one another, so it has nothing to do with being futile.

Hunter Greene gave up 0 earned runs in 5 innings of work. I already know your feelings on him throwing 112 pitches in 5 innings. Have a great day!

You've got me figured all wrong.  If anything, I'm a purist, who wants good baseball.  Peterson for Oakland is a disgrace to the sport.  Barraro is a bad baseball player.  Unfortunately the sport is so diluted that you have these inadequate players in "Major League" lineups.  Last year we suffered through Aristides Aquino.   I simply want the game played the way is should be played.  Most of the younger generations simply go to the games for a social outing.

As you may have figured out, I know nothing about contracts, free-agency, who owns whom, etc..

I hate the fact that we have new players in the clubhouse every week, and that there is no sense of TEAM.  We are merely a collection of players.  We are suckers for supporting these players who have no allegiance to the town and fans for which they play.

The media and guys like John Sadek who put earrings on these pigs on a nightly basis, really gets under my skin.

My comments on Hunter Greene are pretty much about how he perceives himself.   Don't brag on yourself until you actually accomplish something.   I hope he stays healthy, but he probably won't   I also realize that he has pitched in some hard luck this year. 

No one's reputation has ever been based on what he is going to do.  I want him to maintain a low profile.  Don't get on TV and show me how you are spending your millions, and don't come off as an accomplished playter, becasue you are not. 

2 hours ago, Mustang said:

You've got me figured all wrong.  If anything, I'm a purist, who wants good baseball.  Peterson for Oakland is a disgrace to the sport.  Barraro is a bad baseball player.  Unfortunately the sport is so diluted that you have these inadequate players in "Major League" lineups.  Last year we suffered through Aristides Aquino.   I simply want the game played the way is should be played.  Most of the younger generations simply go to the games for a social outing.

As you may have figured out, I know nothing about contracts, free-agency, who owns whom, etc..

I hate the fact that we have new players in the clubhouse every week, and that there is no sense of TEAM.  We are merely a collection of players.  We are suckers for supporting these players who have no allegiance to the town and fans for which they play.

The media and guys like John Sadek who put earrings on these pigs on a nightly basis, really gets under my skin.

My comments on Hunter Greene are pretty much about how he perceives himself.   Don't brag on yourself until you actually accomplish something.   I hope he stays healthy, but he probably won't   I also realize that he has pitched in some hard luck this year. 

No one's reputation has ever been based on what he is going to do.  I want him to maintain a low profile.  Don't get on TV and show me how you are spending your millions, and don't come off as an accomplished playter, becasue you are not. 

Vert well stated, I'm with you.

6 hours ago, Mustang said:

You've got me figured all wrong.  If anything, I'm a purist, who wants good baseball.  Peterson for Oakland is a disgrace to the sport.  Barraro is a bad baseball player.  Unfortunately the sport is so diluted that you have these inadequate players in "Major League" lineups.  Last year we suffered through Aristides Aquino.   I simply want the game played the way is should be played.  Most of the younger generations simply go to the games for a social outing.

As you may have figured out, I know nothing about contracts, free-agency, who owns whom, etc..

I hate the fact that we have new players in the clubhouse every week, and that there is no sense of TEAM.  We are merely a collection of players.  We are suckers for supporting these players who have no allegiance to the town and fans for which they play.

The media and guys like John Sadek who put earrings on these pigs on a nightly basis, really gets under my skin.

My comments on Hunter Greene are pretty much about how he perceives himself.   Don't brag on yourself until you actually accomplish something.   I hope he stays healthy, but he probably won't   I also realize that he has pitched in some hard luck this year. 

No one's reputation has ever been based on what he is going to do.  I want him to maintain a low profile.  Don't get on TV and show me how you are spending your millions, and don't come off as an accomplished playter, becasue you are not. 

That's why I will always say that the NFL is the superior entertainment product. There is a sense of parity and competition that simply does not exist in the NBA or MLB. MLB needs a hard salary cap like the NFL to give the small market teams a realistic chance at competing. Otherwise you are likely to get teams like Oakland losing 20 games every month.

 

After his last few starts, is Lodolo tipping pitches? Too predictable? Lots of homers and lots of hard hit outs recently.

I was thinking more along the lines of an injury.

49 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

I was thinking more along the lines of an injury.

That’s crossed my mind too.

15 hours ago, burreaux said:

That's why I will always say that the NFL is the superior entertainment product. There is a sense of parity and competition that simply does not exist in the NBA or MLB. MLB needs a hard salary cap like the NFL to give the small market teams a realistic chance at competing. Otherwise you are likely to get teams like Oakland losing 20 games every month.

 

Actually, a salary floor is needed just as much as the cap, in my opinion.   Because right now, you have certain teams that are willing to spend money...and teams that are not.  And there's no penalty for the latter.

Whatever the cap may be...the floor needs to be a minimum of 50% of that.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.