Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Active Shooter in Louisville

Featured Replies

From wdrb.com:

Sturgeon was in treatment working with a psychiatrist and a counselor for anxiety and depression issues, according to the family. 

  • Replies 141
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • From Louisville Metro Police Department on Facebook: Resilience, strength, courage, service. Those are just a few of the words to describe Officer Nickolas Wilt. April 10th, was a day that foreve

  • Louisville Metro Police Department A message from the Wilt Family: Update on LMPD Officer Nick Wilt, July 14th, 2025 Nick has come a long way, but he will continue to heal for the rest

  • I can only speculate but I assume the reports mean the incident itself. I also see that some of his social media profiles are either being taken down or possibly altered for whatever reasons.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, theguru said:

From wdrb.com:

Sturgeon was in treatment working with a psychiatrist and a counselor for anxiety and depression issues, according to the family. 

No one saw that coming.  ?

1 hour ago, sportsfan41 said:

No one saw that coming.  ?

Right, the "experts" like to stick to their narrative and that doesn't include reality. 

17 hours ago, theguru said:

She was trying to save him. 

It's true.  I listened to all of them, but that one was heartbreaking.  If you're not a parent, I guess you would struggle to understand.  

Family of the shooter is requesting that the brain be examined during the autopsy for signs of CTE.

12 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Family of the shooter is requesting that the brain be examined during the autopsy for signs of CTE.

I don't think that should even have to be a request, it should be standard operating procedure.

Hopefully we get a toxicology screen too.

It is all speculation, but would a 30 or 60 day waiting period on the gun purchase have prevented this?

8 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

It is all speculation, but would a 30 or 60 day waiting period on the gun purchase have prevented this?

Who knows? He thought ahead and bought the gun a week ahead...could have probably waited 3 more weeks.

The Nashville shooting seems to have been very much pre-planned, they also probably would have just waited to get the gun after the waiting period.

I think 30, 60 day or whatever waiting periods are probably most useful in spur of the moment purchases that lead to shootings. It is rare that someone buys a gun just to immediately go shoot someone. 

14 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

It is all speculation, but would a 30 or 60 day waiting period on the gun purchase have prevented this?

Maybe, but maybe extra time would lead to a better tactical plan by a given shooter and result in more deaths. Not to mention that restricts the 99.98% of us law abiding citizens too. 

48 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Who knows? He thought ahead and bought the gun a week ahead...could have probably waited 3 more weeks.

The Nashville shooting seems to have been very much pre-planned, they also probably would have just waited to get the gun after the waiting period.

I think 30, 60 day or whatever waiting periods are probably most useful in spur of the moment purchases that lead to shootings. It is rare that someone buys a gun just to immediately go shoot someone. 

In this situation with a precariously unstable person, I think a longer waiting period may have prevented this.

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Maybe, but maybe extra time would lead to a better tactical plan by a given shooter and result in more deaths. Not to mention that restricts the 99.98% of us law abiding citizens too. 

Laws, as you know, are not created because of the 99.98% that always do things right. On an airplane right now and was thinking earlier how it used to be being able to walk right up to the gate as a non-flyer.

Not advocating for anything, btw, I just think we’re resilient enough as a society that if requirements were changed people would/could adjust.

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

In this situation with a precariously unstable person, I think a longer waiting period may have prevented this.

It may have. However it seems most of these types of shootings have some methodical planning to them. I think the waiting period in most cases would just be accounted for in their plan.

6 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

It is all speculation, but would a 30 or 60 day waiting period on the gun purchase have prevented this?

Great question.  I'd say at best it would have delayed it.  On the other side of the coin, should a woman with a stalker have to wait 30 to 60 days to get a gun to protect herself?

Not suggesting you were advocating for a waiting period.

I continue to think about what can be done to reduce the number of these shootings. 

1. Every person in the US approves of some gun law restrictions. Yes, everyone. Is there anyone who would be ok with Charles Manson getting out on parole and being allowed to walk straight to a gun shop and buy whatever weapon he wants? I don't think so. Ridiculous examples are made on both sides of this discussion but I believe the point I am making is true - everyone believes there should be some restrictions. The debate is about where the lines are drawn. How easy or difficult should it be and who should or should not be restricted?

2. About the same number of people die from guns and car accidents every year. To get a driver's license, we have testing, education, waiting periods, and other requirements. We license and restrict vehicles and the people who drive them a lot more than we restrict gun ownership. Why?

3. If the above is true, why is it taboo to add more restrictions? I wholeheartedly believe in the 2nd amendment but I want more restrictions on how guns are bought and owned.

6 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I continue to think about what can be done to reduce the number of these shootings. 

1. Every person in the US approves of some gun law restrictions. Yes, everyone. Is there anyone who would be ok with Charles Manson getting out on parole and being allowed to walk straight to a gun shop and buy whatever weapon he wants? I don't think so. Ridiculous examples are made on both sides of this discussion but I believe the point I am making is true - everyone believes there should be some restrictions. The debate is about where the lines are drawn. How easy or difficult should it be and who should or should not be restricted?

2. About the same number of people die from guns and car accidents every year. To get a driver's license, we have testing, education, waiting periods, and other requirements. We license and restrict vehicles and the people who drive them a lot more than we restrict gun ownership. Why?

3. If the above is true, why is it taboo to add more restrictions? I wholeheartedly believe in the 2nd amendment but I want more restrictions on how guns are bought and owned.

1. It is illegal for Charles Manson or any convicted felon to own or purchase a firearm now. Every gun store in America by law has to submit info from the 4473 to NICS (or state equivalent) for a background check before selling a weapon. The exception being if for example they have a concealed carry permit in a state like Kentucky. 

2. Apples and oranges comparison. Nearly all traffic fatalities come from driving a vehicle in an unsafe manner. Making drivers get a license ensures they know the basic rules of the road and how to safely operate a car. Gun deaths from accidents is very minimal percentage of total gun deaths. Just like being a licensed driver didn't prevent the guy from driving into a parade killing several, a gun license would not stop intentional bad acts.

3. Let's start by enforcing current gun laws.

Stiffer penalties (more jail time) for gun related crimes.

Thousands of people lie on the 4473 form each year trying to purchase a firearm, that is a federal crime but is rarely if ever prosecuted. 

All of the laws that could ever be written can not change the hearts of those wanting to do ill to others. I understand the feelings that something needs to be done. But why punish legal law abiding gun owners for the acts of criminals and deranged individuals. Looking at your gun and car analogy, we never hear calls to make it harder to get a car or more training is needed when a drunk wrecks and kills others. 

In the case of the recent school shooting, better physical security probably would have saved lives. Having an armed School Resource Officer probably would have saved lives. 

The hardest thing to comprehend is that if someone truly wants to kill others and is prepared to do it, that is hard nearly impossible to prevent in soft locations like workplaces and public gathering places like stores and malls. Afterall some of the the worst loss of life or tragic events that I can remember were carried out by pressure cookers, box cutters, fertilizer and vehicles running into crowds. It's easy to demonize guns and even gun owners...let's demonize the hearts and thoughts of these evil individuals instead and see where the breakdowns with each of them were. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.