Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Active Shooter in Louisville

Featured Replies

  • Author
4 minutes ago, theguru said:

It all depends on who has the guns.  Imagine if every school teacher was armed and trained along with with retired special forces and police officers at every school.  School mass shootings would go way, way down. 

Weren't there armed teachers in Nashville?

  • Replies 141
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • From Louisville Metro Police Department on Facebook: Resilience, strength, courage, service. Those are just a few of the words to describe Officer Nickolas Wilt. April 10th, was a day that foreve

  • Louisville Metro Police Department A message from the Wilt Family: Update on LMPD Officer Nick Wilt, July 14th, 2025 Nick has come a long way, but he will continue to heal for the rest

  • I can only speculate but I assume the reports mean the incident itself. I also see that some of his social media profiles are either being taken down or possibly altered for whatever reasons.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

Weren't there armed teachers in Nashville?

The best I can tell from a quick Google search is one or two of the teachers are usually armed.  But that is not all the teachers and there wasn't a properly armed school security officer and by properly armed I mean with an AR15 type gun.  Furthermore, it would take awhile to transition to a teacher base that would actually do something with the gun.  Many teachers just aren't equipped to engage someone in a gun battle (totally understandable) and it would take some time and a lot of new hires to work it out. 

15 minutes ago, theguru said:

The best I can tell from a quick Google search is one or two of the teachers are usually armed.  But that is not all the teachers and there wasn't a properly armed school security officer and by properly armed I mean with an AR15 type gun.  Furthermore, it would take awhile to transition to a teacher base that would actually do something with the gun.  Many teachers just aren't equipped to engage someone in a gun battle (totally understandable) and it would take some time and a lot of new hires to work it out. 

I'm fairly certain you and I have had this very discussion before, but I go to the range occasionally with the former superintendent of my son's school system and asked him if he'd be in favor of teachers being able to carry.  He emphatically said no.  Training, liability, etc were his replies.  And this from a significantly pro-gun fellow.

  • Author
3 minutes ago, spindoc said:

I'm fairly certain you and I have had this very discussion before, but I go to the range occasionally with the former superintendent of my son's school system and asked him if he'd be in favor of teachers being able to carry.  He emphatically said no.  Training, liability, etc were his replies.  And this from a significantly pro-gun fellow.

Arming teachers isn't and shouldn't be an answer. Armed guards with AR-15's at the door? Come on now.

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

I agree.

I just don't like the seemingly instant attempt to throw in a bunch of contributing factors in these situations. 

Agreed but it's the world we live in nowadays and I don't see that changing any time soon.  

Just now, TheDeuce said:

Arming teachers isn't and shouldn't be an answer. Armed guards with AR-15's at the door? Come on now.

 Not to mention there is already a huge shortage of teachers. People aren’t getting in the teaching profession to be strapped on the job. 

56 minutes ago, theguru said:

I am painting with a broad brush but simply put almost anyone that kills in mass is not right in the head and if anyone disagrees please explain it to me.  I know plenty of people that are not right in the head that I don't believe have ever sought out any mental health services and there certainly is no official diagnosis.  I did find this in one of the articles I read that supports what you posted about the motivations behind mass shootings but it goes on to say, "They’re generally committed by middle-aged men who are responding to a severe and acute stressor, so they're not planned, which makes them very difficult to prevent."   That alone tells me in the moment or at the time, mass shootings are generally committed by men who are not right in the head.  And then we get into links to, primary cause, fundamental cause, lack of treatment and/or lack of any records to even know the mental health status, etc. which leads to statistics that are unreliable and I would argue manipulated in some form. 

I don’t disagree that these people aren’t “right in the head”. But they are not necessarily mentally ill either. Again, if mentally ill people were all dangerous, with nearly 60 million in the country, we be in way worse shape than we are right now. Truly mentally ill people are more of a danger to themselves, than to others. And if the real truth is somewhere between your thought and my thought, it is still going to be exceedingly difficult to make sure the right people are getting the right treatment at the right time without infringing on the rights of a lot of mostly non dangerous people.

2 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

There are plenty of people with dozens of concussions that don’t murder people. IMO, that’s just one way people will try to alter the narrative in this particular case. 

Just as there are millions of people with guns that don't murder anyone. I'm not trying to alter the narrative, heck I've not even heard or read a narrative, I was just wondering if it could be an attributing factor.

The only thing I know about his concussions was because a photo of him playing basketball was posted somewhere and he had the helmet on. It was explained that he wore it to protect from further concussions.

  • Author
2 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Just as there are millions of people with guns that don't murder anyone. I'm not trying to alter the narrative, heck I've not even heard or read a narrative, I was just wondering if it could be an attributing factor.

The only thing I know about his concussions was because a photo of him playing basketball was posted somewhere and he had the helmet on. It was explained that he wore it to protect from further concussions.

That was my point about promoting a narrative. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Just one tidbit, didn't the Nashville shooter pass on another location that had more security and choose the soft target?

Yes, this was supposedly in the notes they found at their house.

30 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Arming teachers isn't and shouldn't be an answer. Armed guards with AR-15's at the door? Come on now.

Some schools have it, you have to fight fire with fire. 

24 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

I don’t disagree that these people aren’t “right in the head”. But they are not necessarily mentally ill either. Again, if mentally ill people were all dangerous, with nearly 60 million in the country, we be in way worse shape than we are right now. Truly mentally ill people are more of a danger to themselves, than to others. And if the real truth is somewhere between your thought and my thought, it is still going to be exceedingly difficult to make sure the right people are getting the right treatment at the right time without infringing on the rights of a lot of mostly non dangerous people.

Right, we don't want to get caught up in semantics, the bottom line is most of the shooters aren't right in the head when they offend. 

11 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

That was my point about promoting a narrative. 

Someone answering why he wore a helmet is promoting a narrative? That seems like an awfully low bar. No where did they blame the shooting on concussions or even mention CTE, I just asked if it was possibly related.

35 minutes ago, spindoc said:

I'm fairly certain you and I have had this very discussion before, but I go to the range occasionally with the former superintendent of my son's school system and asked him if he'd be in favor of teachers being able to carry.  He emphatically said no.  Training, liability, etc were his replies.  And this from a significantly pro-gun fellow.

I understand but you could say that due to training and liability issues we refuse to protect the children in our custody. 

  • Author
8 minutes ago, theguru said:

I understand but you could say that due to training and liability issues we refuse to protect the children in our custody. 

It's just as easy to say that we refuse to protect our children by advocating for MORE guns. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.