Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Active Shooter in Louisville

Featured Replies

  • Author
10 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Someone answering why he wore a helmet is promoting a narrative? That seems like an awfully low bar. No where did they blame the shooting on concussions or even mention CTE, I just asked if it was possibly related.

I don't know what article you read where you saw the information. 

Places I've seen mentioned this are absolutely trying to promote a narrative, in my opinion. That is all subjective, I suppose. 

  • Replies 141
  • Views 14.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • From Louisville Metro Police Department on Facebook: Resilience, strength, courage, service. Those are just a few of the words to describe Officer Nickolas Wilt. April 10th, was a day that foreve

  • Louisville Metro Police Department A message from the Wilt Family: Update on LMPD Officer Nick Wilt, July 14th, 2025 Nick has come a long way, but he will continue to heal for the rest

  • I can only speculate but I assume the reports mean the incident itself. I also see that some of his social media profiles are either being taken down or possibly altered for whatever reasons.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

It's just as easy to say that we refuse to protect our children by advocating for MORE guns. 

Either way it is refusing to protect children. ?‍♀️

11 minutes ago, theguru said:

I understand but you could say that due to training and liability issues we refuse to protect the children in our custody. 

I don't disagree.  I'd be willing to guess that $ is a determining factor as well.

Just now, spindoc said:

I don't disagree.  I'd be willing to guess that $ is a determining factor as well.

Yet we loaded up the schools with a bunch of money for COVID (and send a lot of money other places).

FWIW, state law passed a year or so ago mandates a School Resource Officer in every public school in the state. Many systems already have them in place while several drag behind. Some haven't done so due to a lack of funding and some haven't done so because the school boards are dragging their feet. 

4 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I don't know what article you read where you saw the information. 

Places I've seen mentioned this are absolutely trying to promote a narrative, in my opinion. That is all subjective, I suppose. 

I heard a news report on it too that claimed some of his high school teammates spoke out about it.  

  • Author
3 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

FWIW, state law passed a year or so ago mandates a School Resource Officer in every public school in the state. Many systems already have them in place while several drag behind. Some haven't done so due to a lack of funding and some haven't done so because the school boards are dragging their feet. 

I think SRO would have minimal impact. 

One thing that I think would be a simple (and free) fix, why don't ALL schools lock their doors from the exterior at all times? At minimum, while school is in session they should be locked IMO. One way in the building during business hours. 

5 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I think SRO would have minimal impact. 

One thing that I think would be a simple (and free) fix, why don't ALL schools lock their doors from the exterior at all times? At minimum, while school is in session they should be locked IMO. One way in the building during business hours. 

I am not a huge fan of just a SRO either.  It should be more a special forces type.

I agree on hardening schools but you could just shoot your way in. 

  • Author
Just now, theguru said:

I am not a huge fan of just a SRO either.  It should be more a special forces type.

I agree on hardening schools but you could just shoot your way in. 

Sure you could. But at least that would provide some delay to help get people out of the way. That's a simple and free measure that can be implemented TODAY.

1 minute ago, TheDeuce said:

Sure you could. But at least that would provide some delay to help get people out of the way. That's a simple and free measure that can be implemented TODAY.

We agree on this point.  Schools are soft targets period.  We should be doing everything in our power to harden them up.  That would also include firing any school employee that failed to lock a door or propped a door open. 

9 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I think SRO would have minimal impact. 

One thing that I think would be a simple (and free) fix, why don't ALL schools lock their doors from the exterior at all times? At minimum, while school is in session they should be locked IMO. One way in the building during business hours. 

That is part of the state protocol, all doors are to remain locked. Every school around here you need to pass through two locked doors to enter during the school day.

An SRO on the premises can respond in seconds to an attack while officers on patrol are minutes away.

  • Author
1 minute ago, theguru said:

We agree on this point.  Schools are soft targets period.  We should be doing everything in our power to harden them up.  That would also include firing any school employee that failed to lock a door or propped a door open. 

I wouldn't even put it in teachers hands to lock/unlock the doors. The principal and head Janitor/facilities person would have a master key. 

Just now, TheDeuce said:

I wouldn't even put it in teachers hands to lock/unlock the doors. The principal and head Janitor/facilities person would have a master key. 

Right, you can't have shared responsibility or you have no accountability.  

  • Author
Just now, Jumper_Dad said:

That is part of the state protocol, all doors are to remain locked. Every school around here you need to pass through two locked doors to enter during the school day.

An SRO on the premises can respond in seconds to an attack while officers on patrol are minutes away.

The state protocol in KY? That's good if so, but I'm quite certain they aren't all doing it. Definitely something to enforce. 

True on the SRO, but if there are multiple points of entry, an SRO at the front door isn't doing anything to prevent someone from coming in the side door. 

Just now, TheDeuce said:

The state protocol in KY? That's good if so, but I'm quite certain they aren't all doing it. Definitely something to enforce. 

True on the SRO, but if there are multiple points of entry, an SRO at the front door isn't doing anything to prevent someone from coming in the side door. 

There is a state School Safety Marshall who's office does inspections at every school and reports findings to the school and state. The number one think they check is the exterior security. 

Additionally not only are exterior doors to remain locked, classroom doors are supposed to be locked to entry from the hallway during class.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.