2023 South Warren Spartans

• 4 months later...

Call me bitter, sour, or whatever have you. I still can't get over South Warren backing out of the Rafferty's Bowl. It is one of the highest paying bowls in the state, in their own back yard, for what would have been a premier opening game in the state of Kentucky. All of this just to go play in Campbellsville.

No one will be able to explain that logic to me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BillNye said:

Call me bitter, sour, or whatever have you. I still can't get over South Warren backing out of the Rafferty's Bowl. It is one of the highest paying bowls in the state, in their own back yard, for what would have been a premier opening game in the state of Kentucky. All of this just to go play in Campbellsville.

No one will be able to explain that logic to me.

Who would they have played in the Rafferty's Bowl and do you think that played a part in them backing out?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theguru said:

Who would they have played in the Rafferty's Bowl and do you think that played a part in them backing out?

I know what you are insinuating - and while it may or may not have a bit of merit, I just can't buy it.

14 hours ago, bernies said:

My understanding is that South Warren would’ve played Boyle County in the Rafferty’s Bowl this season.

Other than a small number of 6A teams I doubt anyone really wants to go out of their way to play Boyle County this year.