Open Job: Casey County

Nuke LaLoosh

2 hours ago, Westernside said:

Is Adair Co a better coaching job than Casey Co? Is he from that area?

Almost any job in the area is a better job than Casey County.   Coach Stonebreaker's 44-34 record is by far the best record of anyone there.  They've never won a regional title and, I think, have only appeared in one.  Adair usually has some good athletes in basketball.  Getting them out for football either help. 

4 hours ago, Westernside said:

Is Adair Co a better coaching job than Casey Co? Is he from that area?

It's a lateral move at best.  He is originally from Bowling Green and played at Warren Central.  Casey County can't be compared to any job in Boyle County or Pulaski County school systems, but they have very good booster, alumni, community, and business support.  Definitely better than days gone by.  

@Carl Spackleris correct.  Casey has only appeared in 1 regional championship game, but I can't see where Adair has appeared in any.  Stonebraker will have to change the cultural at Adair like he did at Casey County.  If the QB transfers in, and with Stonebraker's son, that will be a dangerous combination.  

7 hours ago, Nuke LaLoosh said:

It's a lateral move at best.  He is originally from Bowling Green and played at Warren Central.  Casey County can't be compared to any job in Boyle County or Pulaski County school systems, but they have very good booster, alumni, community, and business support.  Definitely better than days gone by.  

@Carl Spackleris correct.  Casey has only appeared in 1 regional championship game, but I can't see where Adair has appeared in any.  Stonebraker will have to change the cultural at Adair like he did at Casey County.  If the QB transfers in, and with Stonebraker's son, that will be a dangerous combination.  

I agree lateral move at the very best. I would say that Casey is/has been the better job over the past 25-30 or so years. Haven't researched but not sure of the actual numbers, but I would say they've had around 10 seasons with 5 plus win season. And they also have around that many playoffs wins I would say. I can only remember Adair having 2 back to back seasons where they won a playoff game.

Who is the QB that is coming with him? Adair does have some decent talent, and if he can change the culture they can have a solid program.

8 hours ago, Nuke LaLoosh said:

Stonebraker made people in Casey County care about football, something that was never the case prior to his initial arrival. It was only a basketball school. Whoever takes over the position is finding both a program and community more accustomed to supporting good football and that's a leg up on what it had been for most of its history.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Stonebraker made people in Casey County care about football, something that was never the case prior to his initial arrival. It was only a basketball school. Whoever takes over the position is finding both a program and community more accustomed to supporting good football and that's a leg up on what it had been for most of its history.

I would agree with this statement. Left it far better job than he found it. I would assume it would attract some solid interest. Peach and Cross would be solid veteran Coachs to take over imo. And some of the younger guys mentioned would be solid as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gridiron guy said:

I agree lateral move at the very best. I would say that Casey is/has been the better job over the past 25-30 or so years. Haven't researched but not sure of the actual numbers, but I would say they've had around 10 seasons with 5 plus win season. And they also have around that many playoffs wins I would say. I can only remember Adair having 2 back to back seasons where they won a playoff game.

Who is the QB that is coming with him? Adair does have some decent talent, and if he can change the culture they can have a solid program.

All I will say is, it has been rumored that a starting QB from another school, but lives in Adair will transfer to Adair.  The person who told me said that the player’s father made that statement.

I got to reading some of the posts when it came to Adair vs Casey, which is a better job, how does Casey compare to area schools, etc. So, I decided to do some comparisons. 

Before I lay those out, though, I think Adair/Casey are programs like many, many others out there where it’s really splitting hairs.  More times than not, these one horse town, rural, county schools hope that good class(es) of kids align with a favorable schedule/realignment.   I’ve said it before and I’ll say it, again, but yes “culture” is a fun thing to throw around and it is extremely important. But there are places out there average to below that have good culture, what they don’t have is better, God gifted players year in year out compared to who they are playing- vast demographic differences. Years that they do have those guys? You usually see better years that stand out, especially if they aren’t the norm. 

I digress, and back to the comparisons.  Casey County, geographically speaking is a very large county that is bordered by Adair, Taylor, Russell, Boyle, Lincoln, Marion and Pulaski County’s.   

I didn’t factor Pulaski/Somerset, Boyle/Danville, Taylor/Campbellsville into the comparisons because all three of those communities are a little different than Casey (multiple schools in the county, multiple districts, the towns themselves just being drastically different, etc).   

Using Adair, Casey, Lincoln, Marion and Russell County I totaled up (since 2000):

1 ) • Winning Seasons

2) • 5 Win seasons (5-5, 5-6, 5-7, etc)

3) • Playoff wins

4) • Region Final Appearances 

5) • Region Titles

6) • Coaching changes since 2000 (there is a lot to be said with that) to this day 

Adair        

1) 7 
2) 0

3) 3

4) 0

5) 0

6) 8 

Casey

1) 7 

2) 3

3) 6

4) 1

5) 0

6) 5th since 2000 TBD

Lincoln

1) 5

2) 5

3) 7

4) 1

5) 1

6) 7

Marion

1) 5

2) 3

3) 5

4) 1

5) 1

6) I'm not touching this one with Marion County having tragically lost two head coaches who passed away in the last 8 years in Jeff Robbins and Rob Reader.

Russell County

1) 10

2) 1

3) 4

4) 0

5) 0

6) 5