Open Job: Casey County

Nuke LaLoosh

Applicants will be narrowed down this week and they will have those folks in the building for a walk thru this coming week.  Interviews will then been done on 1/30 & 1/31.  Hire will be announced on 2/1.  I still have not been told who all the applicants are.  

On 1/21/2023 at 2:43 PM, Nuke LaLoosh said:

Applicants will be narrowed down this week and they will have those folks in the building for a walk thru this coming week.  Interviews will then been done on 1/30 & 1/31.  Hire will be announced on 2/1.  I still have not been told who all the applicants are.  

Just read this on another forum. Heard there is interest in the position, but I'm extremely interested to see who actual candidates end up being via interviews and so on. Still hearing only 7-8 TRUE applications were sent in, but that number may have changed. At this point in a year, will be interested to see what type of coaches will move. Exciting times! 

13 hours ago, Nuke LaLoosh said:

What exactly have you heard, if you don’t mind me asking?  That he’s a front runner or that he has applied?

That he is seen as a good option for the job by some people.  I guess he is the front runner by some of those that may have some say in the decision.  

1 hour ago, BEChargers said:

That he is seen as a good option for the job by some people.  I guess he is the front runner by some of those that may have some say in the decision.  

Levi did a great job leading the Southwestern Defense this season.  He has been in the coaching game since 2011, so he has paid his dues.  He has been both an offensive and defensive coordinator, and has experience leading a weights program.  I think if he did take the job some kids from LC would consider moving to play for him.  IMO no knock on Coach Jaggers, but Levi should've been the guy after Coach Crutchfield left for Garrard Co.  He had a great impact on them, and def. a players coach.  Whether, he wants to leave a good situation @ SW for an imminent rebuild @ Casey Co. is another question?  But, young potential head coaches sometimes have to take a leap for that 1st job if they want an HC position. 

On 1/23/2023 at 1:21 PM, NotMattJones said:

Just read this on another forum. Heard there is interest in the position, but I'm extremely interested to see who actual candidates end up being via interviews and so on. Still hearing only 7-8 TRUE applications were sent in, but that number may have changed. At this point in a year, will be interested to see what type of coaches will move. Exciting times! 

Only 7-8 lol. Man that’s a lot for any school in the 12th region.   If Casey has that many trust me it’s more than any open position the last few months.