Open Job: Casey County

Nuke LaLoosh

16 hours ago, Stepchild68 said:

Why wouldn't Bryan Cross be considered for this opening?  He has an extensive coaching resume!

I don’t know if he’s interested in being a head coach.  He definitely has the experience, probably more than most, but he lives two counties away from Casey and his school age daughter is active in different things.  What he does now is a big time commitment, I just don’t know if he would want more, but he would definitely be more than qualified for the position.

4 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Stonebraker made people in Casey County care about football, something that was never the case prior to his initial arrival. It was only a basketball school. Whoever takes over the position is finding both a program and community more accustomed to supporting good football and that's a leg up on what it had been for most of its history.

This!  This right here is why Stonebraker is such a big loss to Casey County.  

• Like 2

Just saw this thread. Congrats to Coach Stonebreaker! Adair is getting a great football coach. 

Now for Casey County. I don't forsee Peach or Cross being interested. Peach made a statement when he resigned from Danville that he may take some time off, which is understandable. Cross has been with Stonebreaker for some time, there have already been a few Casey assistant coaches resign before this annoucement anyway. I'd say Casey will be starting completely fresh. 

All 3 of the assistant coaches listed earlier in the thread would make a really good hire at Casey. I can't say if any of the 3 would be interested or not, all 3 seem to be successful in their current roles. 

Who is the Middle School Coach at Casey County? Long time guy or is he new as well? Could be one route they go. 

2 hours ago, NotMattJones said:

Just saw this thread. Congrats to Coach Stonebreaker! Adair is getting a great football coach. 

Now for Casey County. I don't forsee Peach or Cross being interested. Peach made a statement when he resigned from Danville that he may take some time off, which is understandable. Cross has been with Stonebreaker for some time, there have already been a few Casey assistant coaches resign before this annoucement anyway. I'd say Casey will be starting completely fresh. 

All 3 of the assistant coaches listed earlier in the thread would make a really good hire at Casey. I can't say if any of the 3 would be interested or not, all 3 seem to be successful in their current roles. 

Who is the Middle School Coach at Casey County? Long time guy or is he new as well? Could be one route they go. 

I’m hearing several names interested, some already mentioned.  Casey County has great program.  Lots of support from community, school system, and alumni.    Lots of improvements to the facilities the last two years.   

On 12/29/2022 at 11:34 PM, 1&ONLY44 said:

Coach Peach was the HC at Campbellsville University before Perry Thomas if I’m not mistaken. 

Coach Peach followed Coach Finley and had some success  then the dark times began with Coach Deaton.  Coach Thomas followed Deaton

At work tonight and on break, I read on another thread that the job is going offline this week? Any truth to that? Still hearing a few applicants, but nothing like the jobs that came open in their surrounding area. I would say maximum 6 applicants now. Interviews soon I would think 

21 hours ago, NotMattJones said:

At work tonight and on break, I read on another thread that the job is going offline this week? Any truth to that? Still hearing a few applicants, but nothing like the jobs that came open in their surrounding area. I would say maximum 6 applicants now. Interviews soon I would think 

I was told today by administration they had a lot of interest in the position and several applications.  They did not give any names though.

• Thanks 1

On 1/8/2023 at 8:48 PM, NotMattJones said:

I’d would think 6 applicants is pretty good for any job in Casey Co.   Jobs like Danville and Somerset will always pull more interest. I know of at least 4 or 5 that were interested just not sure if they all applied. 

On 12/28/2022 at 12:34 PM, Nuke LaLoosh said:

All I will say is, it has been rumored that a starting QB from another school, but lives in Adair will transfer to Adair.  The person who told me said that the player’s father made that statement.

False