Louisville 24 Cincinnati 7 (Wasabi Fenway Bowl)

Walter

Who wins?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

On 12/2/2022 at 1:51 PM, nkypete said:

Another common opponent is South Florida.  Cards won 41-3.  Bearcats closely won 28-24.

Common opponents mean little, now a days. Tennessee kills Florida, Florida kills South Carolina, South Carolina kills Tennessee.

While USF had an incredibly band season, the UofL game was absolutely the worst played of the bunch. I don't know if it was coming off the Florida game or what, but they could do nothing right on either side of the ball that day. (I think it was because my Hot Browns were so spectacular that we killed the tailgate and jinxed everything.) The Bulls defense was horrible all season, but in the games played against teams not called UofL they scored at least 21 points in each of those games and averaged 28 points a game for the season. 

56 minutes ago, Walter said:

Do the baseball grandstands cut through the corners of any of the end zones like they do at the Dayton, KY high school stadium?  You wouldn't think that an old stadium like Fenway would be convertible to football.  😉

On 12/13/2022 at 12:01 PM, nkypete said:

Do the baseball grandstands cut through the corners of any of the end zones like they do at the Dayton, KY high school stadium?  You wouldn't think that an old stadium like Fenway would be convertible to football.  😉

Patriots used to play at Fenway from 1963 to 1969 so it has hosted FB before.   But since they moved I don't know what renovations to Fenway would have done to future FB configurations.   Must not have made a difference if they are still able to fit it all in safely.

If it weren't for the Keg of Nails and history between the schools this would be an absolutely meaningless game. Both teams have skeleton coaching staffs and players have left to prepare for draft or transfer portal. I don't even know how vegas puts a line on this game. I'll be watching though and Go Cards!

On 12/2/2022 at 2:55 PM, REALSPORT said:

He will not.  I believe Kerry Coombs is the interim coach. 

This, like most of the bowl games, will be partially determined by opt-outs and portal entrants.

And by who's more motivated to be there. I think U of L will be ticked off with the whole "coaching carousel" situation, and really be hyped up to hammer UC.

• theguru changed the title to Louisville 24 Cincinnati 7 (Wasabi Fenway Bowl)