Raceland vs. Pikeville Predictions/Updates (1A State Championship)

Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?   

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

This poll is closed to new votes

1 hour ago, Matney said:

Seeing both play I feel that in order for Pikeville to lose they have to help beat themselves. Raceland has enough talent to pull the upset with some help from Pikeville, but if both teams play well I think Pikeville controls the game and wins handily. 

Well said. I agree…

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to Raceland vs. Pikeville Predictions/Updates (1A State Championship)

This is the best possible outcome for the 1A finals and the match-up we've been clamoring for all season.

From a personnel and depth standpoint, Raceland is the best equipped to knock Pikeville off. They possess the offensive balance necessary to keep the Panthers guessing and put some points on the board. 

Raceland can't let Birchfield gash them on first down and stay ahead of the chains. They have to force Isaac Duty to make throws, which he can do. That's priority #1 for the Rams' defense. If they're consistently getting 5-6 yards on first down, it's going to be a long day for the Rams.

Birchfield gets the ink, but Pikeville has one the state's best offensive lines in any class. They've got size and quickness, but Raceland may have an edge in the latter. That position battle should have more to say about the outcome than any other.

I'm leaving the door open for a Raceland win, but Pikeville still appears to be on another level. I've seen nothing from them to make me waver on my stance now.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

This is the best possible outcome for the 1A finals and the match-up we've been clamoring for all season.

From a personnel and depth standpoint, Raceland is the best equipped to knock Pikeville off. They possess the offensive balance necessary to keep the Panthers guessing and put some points on the board. 

Raceland can't let Birchfield gash them on first down and stay ahead of the chains. They have to force Isaac Duty to make throws, which he can do. That's priority #1 for the Rams' defense. If they're consistently getting 5-6 yards on first down, it's going to be a long day for the Rams.

Birchfield gets the ink, but Pikeville has one the state's best offensive lines in any class. They've got size and quickness, but Raceland may have an edge in the latter. That position battle should have more to say about the outcome than any other.

I'm leaving the door open for a Raceland win, but Pikeville still appears to be on another level. I've seen nothing from them to make me waver on my stance now.

I agree.  I think Raceland, Coach Lewis, is phenomenal at comprising a game plan to stop a great running back and making a team do something they may not want to do.  Heck, Raceland, coach Lewis, held Holy Cross to 27 yards rushing.  That was their bread and butter.  And, luckily for Raceland, they are good at intercepting passes.  If they can force Pikeville to throw the ball to win, I think Raceland has a good chance at a take-a-way or two.  That would have to be focus for the Raceland defense.  

I agree too, the OL/DL is going to be a big match-up to watch.  Those two lines are going to battle and will probably be the deciding factor.  If Raceland can pressure the pass, they have a chance.  If Pikeville controls the line and gives their QB time to throw, it could spell disaster for Raceland.  The lines will be a factor.  

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 9:32 PM, Ram said:

I agree.  I think Raceland, Coach Lewis, is phenomenal at comprising a game plan to stop a great running back and making a team do something they may not want to do.  Heck, Raceland, coach Lewis, held Holy Cross to 27 yards rushing.  That was their bread and butter.  And, luckily for Raceland, they are good at intercepting passes.  If they can force Pikeville to throw the ball to win, I think Raceland has a good chance at a take-a-way or two.  That would have to be focus for the Raceland defense.  

I agree too, the OL/DL is going to be a big match-up to watch.  Those two lines are going to battle and will probably be the deciding factor.  If Raceland can pressure the pass, they have a chance.  If Pikeville controls the line and gives their QB time to throw, it could spell disaster for Raceland.  The lines will be a factor.  

What did Coach Lewis gameplan hold Birchfield to the last 2 times these two teams met?  

3 hours ago, hector607 said:

Give us some insight on this pick Glider. What do you know about these teams? 10+ makes it seem like you’re very confident in Pikeville. 

Well, Hector. The Panthers line is going to be entirely too much for Raceland. Pikeville has shown they are on a mission all year. It’s not stopping this week. Who do you like Friday?

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

What did Coach Lewis gameplan hold Birchfield to the last 2 times these two teams met?  

I assume you already know, or you wouldn't ask.  At least, I always heard it's better to not ask a question unless you already know the answer.  Tell us what it was.  Tell us what you think Birchfield will do this game.  Tell us what you think the outcome will be.  Predict the score.  Tell us what time the sun will come up tomorrow.   

You don't have to like Raceland, or me, or root for the Rams.  Just state what you think and move on.  I will do the same.  We will all know the outcome soon enough. 

1 hour ago, Ram said:

I assume you already know, or you wouldn't ask.  At least, I always heard it's better to not ask a question unless you already know the answer.  Tell us what it was.  Tell us what you think Birchfield will do this game.  Tell us what you think the outcome will be.  Predict the score.  Tell us what time the sun will come up tomorrow.   

You don't have to like Raceland, or me, or root for the Rams.  Just state what you think and move on.  I will do the same.  We will all know the outcome soon enough. 

Birchfield in his last 2 games vs. Raceland:

34 carries, 342 yards and 5 touchdowns 

If Raceland holds him under 46 yards, as Ram has predicted, they will win the game. 

• Like 2

I hope Raceland beats the brakes off of Pikeville.  No prediction, just hopeful.  Ok, I lied, here's my prediction.  Raceland has no shot.  Pikeville should be state champs regardless of class.  They're just too much.  Rams will need some divine intervention to even score.

This game (all the games) can be purchased directly from Prepspin.  If you have the NFHS you will get the game (and they can be bought there too for less money) but the direct Prepspin broadcast is a much higher quality broadcast.  The NFHS Network is 4 minutes or more behind on average. PrepSpin is 30 seconds behind on average. That is encoding time. The PrepSpin broadcast is in 1080p at 60 frames per second. NFHS is 720p at 30fps.

To register:  https://go.prepspin.com/register/

Here are the game links directly

https://go.prepspin.com/khsaa-class-1a-state-football-championship-game/

https://go.prepspin.com/khsaa-class-2a-state-football-championship-game/

https://go.prepspin.com/khsaa-class-4a-state-football-championship-game/

https://go.prepspin.com/khsaa-class-3a-state-football-championship-game/

https://go.prepspin.com/khsaa-class-6a-state-football-championship-game/

https://go.prepspin.com/khsaa-class-5a-state-football-championship-game/

To purchase go to Go.PrepSpin.com and select the game you want and click register. From there you can choose a single game by class or the Six Game pack Option. Here is the discount code: BGPreps

The discount is $2 off the $14.95 per game or $20 off the Six Game Pack making it $49.95 instead of $69.95.

The code can be entered at checkout. 

15 hours ago, spindoc said:

I hope Raceland beats the brakes off of Pikeville.  No prediction, just hopeful.  Ok, I lied, here's my prediction.  Raceland has no shot.  Pikeville should be state champs regardless of class.  They're just too much.  Rams will need some divine intervention to even score.

Caught yourself didn't you? Nice recovery to go into full @LRCW mode.

• Haha 1