Raceland vs. Pikeville Predictions/Updates (1A State Championship)

Bac2369

Who wins this matchup?   

78 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

This poll is closed to new votes

The best two teams all season get to square it off at Kroger Field for all the marbles. They’ve been 1 and 2 all season long in the Bluegrass Preps Class 1A Top 10.

Who wins this Battle of the 1A Titans? Does Pikeville make it two in a row? Does Raceland finally claim its first ever Championship?

615057690_RacelandvsPikevilleBanner.jpg.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, BWTigers said:

I think Pikeville controls the line of scrimmage and wins this one pulling away in the 2nd half. 
Pikeville 28

Raceland 7

Pikeville may very well win, but if they control the line of scrimmage, I will be surprised.  The Raceland OL/DL is actually one of the best parts of the team.  If Pikeville wins, I think it will be because they threw the ball successfully.  

I would venture to say, no matter who wins, this will be Birchfields lowest rushing yardage game of the season. 

31 minutes ago, Ram said:

Pikeville may very well win, but if they control the line of scrimmage, I will be surprised.  The Raceland OL/DL is actually one of the best parts of the team.  If Pikeville wins, I think it will be because they threw the ball successfully.  

I would venture to say, no matter who wins, this will be Birchfields lowest rushing yardage game of the season. 

So you're going on record that Birchfield will have no more than 46 yards rushing against Raceland?  Noted. 

8 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

So you're going on record that Birchfield will have no more than 46 yards rushing against Raceland?  Noted. 

Sure.  If I'm right, I'm Nostradamus.  If I'm wrong, everyone thought I was an overzealous homer anyway.   

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Ram said:

10 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

In Pikeville's two losses, Birchfield was held to less than 100 yards. His rushing total is going to be one of the key stats of the game. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

In Pikeville's two losses, Birchfield was held to less than 100 yards. His rushing total is going to be one of the key stats of the game. 

Exactly.  They have an effective passing game, but Pikeville goes the way of Birchfield. 

Seeing both play I feel that in order for Pikeville to lose they have to help beat themselves. Raceland has enough talent to pull the upset with some help from Pikeville, but if both teams play well I think Pikeville controls the game and wins handily. 

• Like 1

• Colonels_Wear_Blue changed the title to Raceland vs. Pikeville Predictions/Updates (1A State Championship)
  • theguru locked this topic