Bullitt East at Bryan Station Predictions/Updates

DevilMayCare

Chargers vs. Defenders  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Who advances to Kroger Field?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/26/2022 at 12:00 AM

71g4hh.thumb.jpg.d381a927376219a1d7b05fe769bea8ff.jpg

The Bullitt Train Arrives At Grand Central Station To Crown A Mythical Champion Ahead Of The Finals

Records: Bullitt East (12-1) | Bryan Station (10-3)

BGP Ranking: Bullitt East (#4 in 6A) | Bryan Station (#8 in 6A)

Series History: First ever meeting

Table Setter: It's an exciting time to be a big school outside of Jefferson County, with both St. Xavier and Trinity banished from the postseason and Male closer to the pack than we're accustomed to seeing. 

Bryan Station and Bullitt East have both played a hand in altering the landscape this year. The Defenders directly bounced the Shamrocks last week, while the Chargers struck the first blow for the resistance by downing Male in Week 10. With those landmark wins behind them, the two will convene in Lexington to decide the state "At-Large" champion and one of the two participants in the 6A state finals. 

Station summoned the resolve to edge Trinity, displaying a key ingredient we weren't sure they possessed, but is a tell-tale indicator of a worthy state championship contender. We didn't know they were capable before, but we do now.

Bullitt East announced itself as a force to be reckoned with weeks ago, and they've only enhanced that position since, including adding Manual to their hit list.

The quarterback position is a strength of both squads. Travis Egan has emerged as a bona fide Mr. Football candidate and Trenton Cutwright could find himself in that conversation next year. Skill people, defense, momentum… all accounted for here.

From where we stand, we couldn't have asked for a better game to settle our "At-Large" debate. The two best big schools outside of Jefferson County will settle it on the field for the right to compete for the real thing.

• Thanks 1

The 4 teams left in 6A are all pretty close.  These last couple of games are going to come down to who doesn't turn it over and who executes their game plan the best.  Semi-finals are a great accomplishment and hope all 4 teams give a great effort and we have 3 great remaining games !! 

I obviously am rooting for the Chargers and believe they are absolutely capable of winning.  They have played some great ball the last 4 or 5 weeks but have yet to play their best.  Bryan Station is reaping the rewards of playing a really tough early season schedule and finding out what they really needed to do to get this deep in the playoffs.  I'm expecting a great game from both semi's. 

• Like 7

I have a lot of respect for the Bryan Station program.  I'm a fan of Coach Hawkins since his days at Doss.  I think he does a lot of things the right way.  I think they have some outstanding kids on and off the field.  My son has been at quite a few camps with some of their kids, specifically the Frazier twins and they seem to be very respectful kids.  Finally, Coach Hawkins has a great staff behind him, in specific Coach Jacob Hyde.  He too has spent some time coaching my son in the offseason and he's an absolutely fantastic coach and person.  Obviously I want nothing more than for BE to beat them Friday night, but if by some chance the ball doesn't bounce our way, no disrespect to the other 6A programs left, I would be pulling for Bryan Station in the finals.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Calpreps has it Bryan Station 31-24.

I never noticed it before, but it shows a percentage of win probability based on the projected score.  It has Bryan Station with a 65% win probability vs. Bullitt East with a 35% win probability.

So Youre Saying Theres A Chance GIFs | Tenor

• Like 1