Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Taylor County at Paducah Tilghman Predictions/Updates

Taylor County at Paducah Tilghman 38 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

    • Paducah Tilghman
      73%
    • Taylor County
      26%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 11/05/2022 at 12:00 AM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

6 minutes ago, Brown said:

So the Smiths had 2 TDs (3 if the 3rd Smith is a brother)between them so I doubt it was them.  Marion is the neighbor county. 

I’m guessing the time and score is wrong because they all say zero

B6A1B3F6-76BE-44BC-B4D6-564AB43C2B7E.png

  • Replies 79
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • TilghmanPride
    TilghmanPride

    Would it be nice not to have to play against Taylor County's best players? Sure it would, but only if it were under normal circumstances and it just happened they were out.  I do not want to see

  • WishboneCity
    WishboneCity

    MC’s entire sideline cleared over a shove after the whistle. I’m not pointing fingers, but the blame isn’t all on TC for sure.    Here’s a link from a tweet so everyone can make their own judge

  • Very well said! I think PT has the better defense and will win, but Peyton Smith can score in bunches - I hope they all get to play.

Posted Images

Sometimes the refs like to be the star of the show instead of the players like in college basketball when they call a charge which is just about every time there is a collision except when Duke is involved. They run halfway up the floor.

  • Author

* "I've never seen a more disrespectful team tonight than Taylor County football first off they tried tearing down the goal post then throughout the game was very unsportsmanlike to our players and near the end of the 3rd quarter pushed one of our players all way on the track then started fighting with our players then all out brawl began and then the refs called the game so disrespectful to you I hope they get it together!"

*Quote from a Marion County perspective shared on a social media platform.

Was it really that bad? I sure would hope not. 

I actually was able to watch the video of the fight, neither one of the smith brothers were involved in the direct fight, but it appears they may have come onto the field during the fight and grabbed some of there guys, which I believe is automatic suspension for the next game if you enter into the field during a fight, even if you didn’t get involved in the fight. 

I could be wrong as the video I was shown is blurry, but I’ve seen both of those young men multiple times, and it appears as if both went into the field while the fight occurred, but neither had direct contact with any Marion County player or coach. 

  • Author

On a more positive note, how about Taylor County O-Lineman Hayes Johnson? A 6'5 295 pound Junior who has likely paved the way for a lot of room for Smith to work with.

He has received offers from UK, Michigan St., Purdue, Cincy, Tennessee, Baylor, Louisville and others. Don't know if he got offers, but Alabama and Michigan have shown plenty of interest also. 

I love the guys in the trenches getting recognition and he surely deserves it. 

Like I said that’s poor coaching if that’s the case you have to have control of your team.

On 10/31/2022 at 10:42 PM, TilghmanPride said:

On a more positive note, how about Taylor County O-Lineman Hayes Johnson? A 6'5 295 pound Junior who has likely paved the way for a lot of room for Smith to work with.

He has received offers from UK, Michigan St., Purdue, Cincy, Tennessee, Baylor, Louisville and others. Don't know if he got offers, but Alabama and Michigan have shown plenty of interest also. 

I love the guys in the trenches getting recognition and he surely deserves it. 

You could convince me he's the best player in the state. He looks like he could play in a game for Kentucky tomorrow.

11 hours ago, TilghmanPride said:

On a more positive note, how about Taylor County O-Lineman Hayes Johnson? A 6'5 295 pound Junior who has likely paved the way for a lot of room for Smith to work with.

He has received offers from UK, Michigan St., Purdue, Cincy, Tennessee, Baylor, Louisville and others. Don't know if he got offers, but Alabama and Michigan have shown plenty of interest also. 

I love the guys in the trenches getting recognition and he surely deserves it. 

He along with the Smith brothers will not be playing on Friday night after being ejected for fighting this past Friday.  

Since Taylor will have their 3 main offensive players out, I am going with PT.  

On 11/1/2022 at 10:40 AM, The Rebel of Knights said:

He along with the Smith brothers will not be playing on Friday night after being ejected for fighting this past Friday.  

Since Taylor will have their 3 main offensive players out, I am going with PT.  

What a pity. This game is one of the very few I was looking forward to. 

Smith brothers:

image.jpeg.8e89c533a79affcbc52354a97c87769a.jpeg

 

I have been told they are appealing.

On 10/31/2022 at 7:58 PM, TilghmanPride said:

* "I've never seen a more disrespectful team tonight than Taylor County football first off they tried tearing down the goal post then throughout the game was very unsportsmanlike to our players and near the end of the 3rd quarter pushed one of our players all way on the track then started fighting with our players then all out brawl began and then the refs called the game so disrespectful to you I hope they get it together!"

*Quote from a Marion County perspective shared on a social media platform.

Was it really that bad? I sure would hope not. 

MC’s entire sideline cleared over a shove after the whistle. I’m not pointing fingers, but the blame isn’t all on TC for sure. 
 

Here’s a link from a tweet so everyone can make their own judgement: https://twitter.com/teeroyhowell/status/1587128101644951552?s=46&t=ZmtWNvnr-k8vcQIC3P7qOQ

7 hours ago, WishboneCity said:

MC’s entire sideline cleared over a shove after the whistle. I’m not pointing fingers, but the blame isn’t all on TC for sure. 
 

Here’s a link from a tweet so everyone can make their own judgement: https://twitter.com/teeroyhowell/status/1587128101644951552?s=46&t=ZmtWNvnr-k8vcQIC3P7qOQ

Looks like the majority of Taylor Co kods and coaches showed some restraint imo

I counted 7 people who came off the Taylor County side and approximately 5 of them appeared to be coaches.  For Marion Co., I couldn't easily count the number but likely easily double that with many more players involved.  But if I were to "blame" anyone for this, I would blame #14 for Marion County, who in my view was out of line for his retaliation push.

I hate it for both teams, but it speaks to my post on Fighting in HS Football now.  I know there has always been fighting associated with football, but it just seems like right now there are more suspensions and games being forfeited because of it.

I hate this for Taylor County.  These kids work year around to get here and now, 1 play and they are put in a very difficult position.

I look for Tilghman to win this game.

Whoever is supposedly banned should be overturned for TC - now Marion - dirty tricks.

This game was a blowout.  After rewatching it looks like Peyton Smith does come on to field and maybe his brother.   They didn't harm or push anyone.  I don't see the D1 lineman on the field.  Marion was upset they were getting stomped it looks like.  #34 needs to miss a few games next year.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.