SEC

stick1

Florida deserves all the credit there's no doubt about that, but you stated that the SEC conference did nothing to help them win games. Being a part of the SEC helps Florida in numerous ways.

Florida was in the national championship game BECAUSE they were the champions of the SEC.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What does this say about Auburn? They beat the two teams that many on here are saying were the best two in college football.

I know there are some on here who don't like to hear it, but it just goes to show how tough it is to win, and especially go undefeated, in the SEC. It's the truth, plain and simple. It's the best conference at the top, top to bottom, or however you want to slice it, on a yearly basis. Sure there are exceptions when another conference might have a great year and be better, but it's rare. Often on down years the SEC is the best...as many thought this year was a down year, myself included.

Consider, all year long most of us (including me) considered Michigan and OSU the clear cream of the crop all year, saying that the SEC couldn't match the Big Ten at the top. Turns out, it was quite the opposite...

What does this say about Auburn? They beat the two teams that many on here are saying were the best two in college football.

I know there are some on here who don't like to hear it, but it just goes to show how tough it is to win, and especially go undefeated, in the SEC. It's the truth, plain and simple. It's the best conference at the top, top to bottom, or however you want to slice it, on a yearly basis. Sure there are exceptions when another conference might have a great year and be better, but it's rare. Often on down years the SEC is the best...as many thought this year was a down year, myself included.

Consider, all year long most of us (including me) considered Michigan and OSU the clear cream of the crop all year, saying that the SEC couldn't match the Big Ten at the top. Turns out, it was quite the opposite...

I agree 100%.

I agree 100%.

That's why us "SEC homers" always stick with the conference, even when people argue 'til they're blue in the face for another conference...because much more often than not, it proves to be true when all the dust settles.

Florida deserves all the credit there's no doubt about that, but you stated that the SEC conference did nothing to help them win games. Being a part of the SEC helps Florida in numerous ways.

Yep, I stated that..and i would state that no matter what conference it is...SEC did not play that game last night the Florida Gators did...they won because they have great players, well coached and executed the way they should to win a ball game. Does it help to have a tough schedule yes..but that is not what it's all about.

That's why us "SEC homers" always stick with the conference, even when people argue 'til they're blue in the face for another conference...because much more often than not, it proves to be true when all the dust settles.

It is ok to be a bit of a "homer" ...most people have a little of that in them.

It is ok to be a bit of a "homer" ...most people have a little of that in them.

:thumb:

Oh yeah...if you watch sports you have to have a little of it.

It just gets old sometimes when the term is used to condescendingly imply that it's blind loyalty to the SEC and there is no real evidence that to support the argument, when more often that not, it's the opposite. The evidence usually shows the SEC to be better.

I don't think I said anything about the SEC not having tough competition. :confused: I merely stated an opinion that I think the University of Florida deserves MUCH credit for their success.

I agree 100% It was Floridas Championship and Floridas alone. However, I agree with LRCW that the level of competition that Florida was required to play at in the SEC better prepared them for this game than what the Big 10 did Ohis State. Florida deserves all the credit, not the long wait for the Buckeyes or their weak schedule or injuries, this Championship was won by the Gators and they won it in Grand fashion.

Sometimes the best team just wins,

Yoter

If I'm not mistaken isn't the SEC 3-0 in the BCS Championship game?

Tennessee, LSU, and Florida. Not too mention an undefeated Auburn team.

Does any other conference have three BCS National Championships?

I thought it was 4-0 in the BCS Championships game? Remember Spurrier won one with the gators.