Paducah Tilghman at Union County Predictions/Updates

Paducah Tilghman at Union County  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2022 at 12:00 AM

If you're a Tilghman fan, you'd like to think this is where the last five weeks pay off. There's no comparison between the schedules here, but it's all for naught if PT doesn't play to its strength. Union County is too good a ball club to get cute with. When you beat someone three out of four times, it's no fluke.

We could look back on this as the make or break game for Tilghman's season. Either they find their mojo and it propels them into being the team we thought they'd be, or they roll over and die. 

I see green skies over Morganfield this Friday. I'm choosing life for the Tornado.

• Like 4

I honestly don’t have a clue who is calling the plays, but I know if I am running the ball for 7-8 yards a carry, I don’t throw three straight passes when I haven’t completed them consistently. 
I completely understand trying to keep a defense honest, but that’s if they are loading the box and having success against you in stuffing the run, the three games I watched that wasn’t the case. PT was running it at will, and just threw the ball for no other reason than to throw it. Obviously Coach Thompson is a great coach, and I’d say he knows his team better than I, but I didn’t understand the play calls at all. Just one man’s lowly opinion. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, zoneblitz24 said:

Not from what I have been told from people on the staff.  If he is the one calling plays then he might need to hire somebody.

Well Somebody on the staff has been lying to you. I coach in the program and attend varsity practices regularly and the only time the Qb coach, called plays was under coach smith. The Qb coach does signal in the plays witch may look like he is the OC, but that’s about all,  just a signal caller. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Category_F5 said:

Well Somebody on the staff has been lying to you. I coach in the program and attend varsity practices regularly and the only time the Qb coach, called plays was under coach smith. The Qb coach does signal in the plays witch may look like he is the OC, but that’s about all,  just a signal caller. 

https://khsaa.org/roster_view/new.php?school_id=213&sport=fb&level=varsity

The roster says otherwise as well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Category_F5 said:

Well I tell you what come to a game and see for yourself. 

Well I just know what I have seen in person, see online on the roster, and what I have been told.  Either way the offensive play calling has cost them multiple wins this season and it is apparent that outside influence is what is driving the ship.  That we can all agree on.  

I've yet to see a Tilghman/Union County thread yet that didn't mention the drive up to Morgantown from Paducah, so here it is. I actually enjoy it. I know I'm in the minority, but it's a neat little trip and kind of reminds me of a simpler time from years ago in certain areas. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TilghmanPride said:

I've yet to see a Tilghman/Union County thread yet that didn't mention the drive up to Morgantown from Paducah, so here it is. I actually enjoy it. I know I'm in the minority, but it's a neat little trip and kind of reminds me of a simpler time from years ago in certain areas. 

Ah, the good ol days...

• Like 1