Paducah Tilghman at Union County Predictions/Updates

Paducah Tilghman at Union County  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2022 at 12:00 AM

Paducah Tilghman (3-4) at Union County (7-0)

The big district showdown is here! This is the one that both teams have looked ahead to for quite some time whether they will admit it or not. 

Union County will bring a high powered offense into this one, averaging 39.57 points per game. Their defense allows 12.71 p.p.g. Cannon Sheffer is a terrific qb for Union and can make all the throws, but the biggest majority of their offense is on the ground. They punish teams with 5 or 6 guys getting carries during a game. Kristopher Hughes is their top receiver and runner both and has 14 combined touchdowns on the season. Union averages 273.9 rushing yards per game. 

Tilghman is coming off a game that in most instances they would have taken a moral victory from, only losing by 4 points to Henry County (TN) on the road. However, the puzzling play calling and multiple unforced mistakes led to a lot of PT fans being upset, knowing they are better than what was shown. PT has struggled on offense through the air all season as Jack James has yet to find a consistent rhythm at quarterback. Jordauyn White is key for the Tornado, not only in this game, but going forward as Malachi Rider eventually comes back. Jordauyn has 277 yards on only 29 carries since Rider's injury and is averaging 9.55 y.p.c. He has added 75 reception yards during those games as well. It's imperative for Tilghman to make him a focal point of this game. He has to get the ball. 

Union County has won 3 of the last 4 games in this series. Tilghman's only win was the come from behind victory in the playoffs last season, a game they were down big in before Cam Marshall came to the rescue. This game will be a good barometer of where these two truly stand in 3A at the moment. 

2023748927_PaducahTilghmanvsUnionCountyB

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m going with UC. With every PT loss I’m finding it harder and harder to believe they are a title favorite. I know what everyone is going to say but they’ve played some tough teams but I got news for you they are going to meet some tough teams in the playoffs. But hey go out and prove me wrong if you win this game it would be an impressive win in my eyes.

10 hours ago, killbilly usmc said:

May watch this online  union county home games have been online this year.  Just hope they don't screw it up like they did the Ocath game and it cut off mid way through the 3rd in a 4 point game.

Any links to Union County games?

Edited by BigBlue92

3 hours ago, BigBlue92 said:

Any links to Union County games?

Don't know how to post links.  Look up 101.3 wmsk facebook.  They have all their home games on there, and you don't even have to have an facebook account to watch it.

Edited by theguru
Rule 13
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Hearsay said:

What is the status of Malachi Rider?

They were saying at least 4 weeks when it first happened (Henderson game), so likely a couple more weeks unless something changes. I personally wouldn't bring him back until the playoffs start. Now that Jordauyn looks every bit the part, those 2 could be a dynamic duo if the coaching staff would get on board and run the ball like they should. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TilghmanPride said:

They were saying at least 4 weeks when it first happened (Henderson game), so likely a couple more weeks unless something changes. I personally wouldn't bring him back until the playoffs start. Now that Jordauyn looks every bit the part, those 2 could be a dynamic duo if the coaching staff would get on board and run the ball like they should. 

I’ve watched three PT games and have walked away scratching my head with the way they call plays. They will run it down a teams throat for 5 plays and just gash the other team and then throw three straight passes for no reason. It’s baffling. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, GC-Dragons said:

I’ve watched three PT games and have walked away scratching my head with the way they call plays. They will run it down a teams throat for 5 plays and just gash the other team and then throw three straight passes for no reason. It’s baffling. 

You are exactly right. Everyone who has watched this team play would be on board as well. When will the coaching staff realize? Hopefully sooner rather than later. PT's oline is big and physical. They have capable players, use them.