Paducah Tilghman at Union County Predictions/Updates

Paducah Tilghman at Union County  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/15/2022 at 12:00 AM

The OC is the QBs private QB coach who has coached him thru every grade he has played, also happens to work for the QBs father, who also happens to have his company logo on the new turf field, donated $80K to renovate the wrestling facility, who is also working to get PT a new indoor facility that's bigger than rival McCracken County, and has donated who knows how much else to the schools athletic budget and has been involved in a lot of the hiring and firing of multiple coaches and athletic directors.  Now how much control do you think the head coach has over that situation lol.  The offensive play calling cost them multiple games over the past couple seasons. 

59 minutes ago, zoneblitz24 said:

The OC is the QBs private QB coach who has coached him thru every grade he has played, also happens to work for the QBs father, who also happens to have his company logo on the new turf field, donated $80K to renovate the wrestling facility, who is also working to get PT a new indoor facility that's bigger than rival McCracken County, and has donated who knows how much else to the schools athletic budget and has been involved in a lot of the hiring and firing of multiple coaches and athletic directors.  Now how much control do you think the head coach has over that situation lol.  The offensive play calling cost them multiple games over the past couple seasons. 

I love a good booster money/drama thread.  There does not appear to be a good eating popcorn emoji available.  Any QB supporters care to retort?

Sad thing about Paducah Tilghman is the overall fan support, other than the game with McCracken which is usually a packed house at both venues and the Mayfield game which doesn't draw in Paducah like it once did very few fans when they play anyone else. 

3 minutes ago, Joe Tracy said:

Sad thing about Paducah Tilghman is the overall fan support, other than the game with McCracken which is usually a packed house at both venues and the Mayfield game which doesn't draw in Paducah like it once did very few fans when they play anyone else. 

Generally speaking from watching a lot of games online I see a lot of games with very few fans in the stands so I don't think it is just PT.

12 minutes ago, theguru said:

Generally speaking from watching a lot of games online I see a lot of games with very few fans in the stands so I don't think it is just PT.

Agreed.  Bardstown had winning teams but very few fans for years.  Friday night football games were not the "destination" social event that they once were.  We actually brainstormed it here and came up with some ideas to draw more fans: 1) make the concessions, the grill, and other money-making things at games go to individual groups that work it, such as band, off-season teams, etc.; 2) lots of "junior" events that went to halftime performances or the like, such as "junior" cheerleaders, "future Tiger" football night, etc.; 3) flat out ponied up big money for a new turf field, a junior play field behind the goal posts, a substantially upgraded sound system with a DJ, and a light system that flashes on and off purple and gold in tune to the music.  Friday night games are now the hopping place to be again.  Ashame it has to be that way but that is the world we live in.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hearsay said:

Agreed.  Bardstown had winning teams but very few fans for years.  Friday night football games were not the "destination" social event that they once were.  We actually brainstormed it here and came up with some ideas to draw more fans: 1) make the concessions, the grill, and other money-making things at games go to individual groups that work it, such as band, off-season teams, etc.; 2) lots of "junior" events that went to halftime performances or the like, such as "junior" cheerleaders, "future Tiger" football night, etc.; 3) flat out ponied up big money for a new turf field, a junior play field behind the goal posts, a substantially upgraded sound system with a DJ, and a light system that flashes on and off purple and gold in tune to the music.  Friday night games are now the hopping place to be again.  Ashame it has to be that way but that is the world we live in.

Right, it isn't "easy money" any longer for high schools, they actually have to put in the work and run their football program like a business.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, zoneblitz24 said:

Exactly.  Its either the head coach keeps his mouth shut, and lets the booster, and OC run the team, or be in the breadline monday morning, just like the last coach.  I have to wonder if he knew what he was getting himself into, or if he had to do it over again, would he stay at Crittenden where he was loved, and was able to run it his way.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Category_F5 said:

The head coach is the offensive coordinator, the Qb coach just signals in the plays. 

Then that change has recently happened and if Thompson was the one calling the plays against Henry Co seems like there are some problems.

On 10/9/2022 at 2:40 PM, TilghmanPride said:

2023748927_PaducahTilghmanvsUnionCountyB

Those are both pretty solid helmets. I honestly liked Union County's a little better without the outline of the county when it was just the big U with the arrowhead.

Tilghman has had that helmet forever, and I like it, but that Tornado logo is so cool, it's almost a shame not to see it on the helmets. But I do like seeing it blown up huge as the midfield logo at McRight Field though.

• Like 1