Saint Xavier vs. Manual Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/2022 at 11:30 PM

Saint Xavier (5-1) hosts Manual (6-0) after defeating Ryle 37-0. Manual is coming off an open week. 

The St. X defense dominated Ryle forcing 4 turnovers and holding them to 30 yards of offense. The offense was led by QB Adam Boone who rushed for two touchdowns. LB Jaxon Panariello led the defense with 5 tackles including 1 for a loss and a sack. 3 Tigers had interceptions and now are 2nd in 6A in that category behind Daviess County.

Manual statistically leads 6A in defense allowing a stingy 6.8 points per game and in their last game blanked Ballard 21-0.

Common opponent:

St. X 44 Central 8

Manual 40 Central 12

Last year, St. X beat Manual 42-10 but was much closer in the playoffs with St. X winning by getting a late 4th quarter safety to win 18-16.

This game has big things on the line with Manual #1 in RPI and St. X #2. It's also a district matchup with the winner in the driver seat. This looks like a close game between two dominating defenses . Manual last won in 2019 and before that was 1993. Does Manual get the win or does St. X continue to dominate the modern series?

169521205_SaintXaviervsManualBanner.jpg.

• Thanks 1

I just watched recap of Manual/Ballard game and Manual offense only scored 14 pts as 1 score was pick 6. Manual also struggled with a down LaSalle (OH) team so I think St. X wins by 14 if St. X plays clean game with no turnovers. I think the St. X defense can hold the Manual offense to no touchdowns like they did Male and Trinity.

• Like 2

While Manual has a new head coach and their offense appears to have evolved, they're still not great on offense. They're an offense that seems to be big play or bust, and Manual hasn't faced a defense like St. X this year so we'll see how the perform. Manual's strength is their defense and specifically their DL. It will be tough for St. X to run the ball, but I think St. X will have some success through the air. Manual seems to play soft coverage making sure to keep everything in front of them. I see this as a low scoring game, with St. X the more battled tested team coming out with win. I'll take St. X 17-3.

• Like 2

I'd like to pick Manual.  But I just think X is playing better.

It's not out of reach for Manual though, but they would need a preferred path (turnovers, special teams, even injuries) to win I think.  Manual has improved, but X is still playing at a high level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LongTimeReader said:

But what about Manual's OL? Because if they can't create running lanes he's going to have a tough night. 

Washburn is dynamite!  And Manual's OLine is pretty good.  The problem is being one-dimensional against the X defense.  I think Manual can score, but just not quite enough.  

St X 17

Manual 10

• Like 1