Saint Xavier vs. Manual Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/2022 at 11:30 PM

On 10/2/2022 at 6:02 PM, Tigerpride94 said:

I just watched recap of Manual/Ballard game and Manual offense only scored 14 pts as 1 score was pick 6. Manual also struggled with a down LaSalle (OH) team so I think St. X wins by 14 if St. X plays clean game with no turnovers. I think the St. X defense can hold the Manual offense to no touchdowns like they did Male and Trinity.

On 10/2/2022 at 6:42 PM, LongTimeReader said:

While Manual has a new head coach and their offense appears to have evolved, they're still not great on offense. They're an offense that seems to be big play or bust, and Manual hasn't faced a defense like St. X this year so we'll see how the perform. Manual's strength is their defense and specifically their DL. It will be tough for St. X to run the ball, but I think St. X will have some success through the air. Manual seems to play soft coverage making sure to keep everything in front of them. I see this as a low scoring game, with St. X the more battled tested team coming out with win. I'll take St. X 17-3.

On 10/2/2022 at 10:43 PM, Purple88 said:

Washburn is dynamite!  And Manual's OLine is pretty good.  The problem is being one-dimensional against the X defense.  I think Manual can score, but just not quite enough.  

St X 17

Manual 10

Manual struggling to put the ball in the end zone is the prevailing theme of this rivalry over the last two-plus decades. They've averaged a paltry 11.8 points per game against the Tigers over the last 33 meetings. That's not going to get it done against anybody. Not surprisingly, St. X has won 32 of those games.

The one win for Manual was three years ago and they've lost a couple of defensive wars with X since then. My prediction falls in line with most of what I've seen so far... the X-Men put 2-3 scores on the board and stifle the Crimsons again.

I love the potential for this rivalry going forward with Stoner in charge at Manual, but year one is a little early to expect them to win this game against the top ranked, reigning state champions. I'm thinking 17-7 or 17-13 Tigers, which of course means it'll be a shootout because that's usually how this works.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Tigers20-22 said:

He has all the tools but I worry about his confidence to actually let the ball go. 
Go Tigers 

I'd agree. When comparing Boone and Havill, Havill has everything you'd want in the QB position, but Boone makes he reads and gets the ball out of his hand quicker. But the staff has continued to play Havill and have publicly shown support for Havill.