Guardians at Reds (4/12 and 4/13)

The Reds and the Guardians come into this one with records of 2-2. The Guardians own a 2 game winning streak. 

2 random start times for this 2-game series. 4:10 today and 12:35 tomorrow. 

Cleveland has put up 27 runs in their last two games, but hopefully the Reds can slow that down. It would be nice to take both of these before headed out west to face the strong lineups that the Dodgers and Padres run out. 

Tonight: Shane Bieber vs Tyler Mahle

Tomorrow: Triston McKenzie vs (likely) Nick Lodolo

Well that was an unpleasant inning.

Oscar Mercado strikes out but reaches first on a wild pitch dropped by the catcher. Then Andres Gimenez goes to first on a fielding error by Tyler Mahle. Austin Hedges strikes out, and then Myles Straw walks to load the bases. Steven Kwan bats Mercado in on a sac fly, and then Jose Ramirez triples on a flare to left field when Tommy Pham and Nick Senzel collide as they're both going for the ball, with Gimenez and Straw both scoring on the play. Franmil Reyes pops out to end the inning.

3-0 Guardians halfway through the 3rd inning.

I was in attendance for this one.  Sat up top behind home plate which I've never done before.  Usually down low between 1st and outfield or in left field.  No rhyme or reasons, just how it's always worked out.

As for the game, not the outcome I'd hoped for.  I felt like the Redlegs missed an opportunity to utilize the shift. Instead they gave up two runs.  That was pretty much the beginning of the end.  

Crowd was awesome.  First time since 2019, that Covid felt like a thing of the past. 

2 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I felt like the place was slammed yesterday.  They don't allow me in the seats though, so I can only tell from where I post up on the concourse.

Yeah, it definitely filled up more than what I initially saw when I originally posted.

BTW, you hear any pop when Burrow and crew were introduced?  Bally Sports really screwed the pooch on that part, by not showing it live.