Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Boyle County 74 Pulaski County 73 (OT)

Featured Replies

I watched that play on their live stream - I think that was a real iffy call on the three point foul.

Good win Rebels!!!  Good luck in districts next week!   

8 hours ago, DragonFire said:

I watched that play on their live stream - I think that was a real iffy call on the three point foul.

I say no foul, play on.. plus he kicked his leg out to create an illusion of a foul call. Do they call that in high school, a flop? 

1 hour ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

I say no foul, play on.. plus he kicked his leg out to create an illusion of a foul call. Do they call that in high school, a flop? 

If you’ve ever seen the kid shoot he has that high release fade away type shot on every shot. 

2 hours ago, PurplePride92 said:

Good win Rebels!!!  Good luck in districts next week!   

Does this outcome surprise you?

1 hour ago, Kanaka Kahakai said:

I say no foul, play on

Looks to me like #5 in white raked his right arm, how would you not call that?  The time left in the game should have NO bearing on what is, or isn't, a foul.

17 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Does this outcome surprise you?

Does not surprise me.  Luke Imfeld is 1 of 1 in this Region.  I think easy choice for Player of the Year.

36 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Does this outcome surprise you?

No.  I expected a Boyle County victory.  

1 hour ago, The Double Deuce said:

Looks to me like #5 in white raked his right arm, how would you not call that?  The time left in the game should have NO bearing on what is, or isn't, a foul.

I personally can't tell.  I've watched it in slo-mo, and while if you told me that's what had been called I'd know where you were looking, I can't say that my eyes believe that is actual contact.  #5's arm goes up and he jumps by #2.  His arm is pretty straight.  Ball leaves the hand and is well in the air before he could even potentially touch him (I recognize it can still be a foul after, just that I think some would say that's why it was an airball - he hasn't even potentially touched him yet: image.png.6cc082d6514083542fe4ed0f3be7ec31.png). 

Watch beyond that point - there is no telltale movement of #5's arm that would indicate it impacted something.  At absolute most, he hit his hand after the ball was gone, which again, I recognize would be a foul, I just don't know that I see even that.  But there's no way he did anything to his arm before the shot.

I wish there wasn't a giant ad over where the referee went to make the foul call.  I would have liked to have seen exactly what he signaled. 

2 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

I personally can't tell.  I've watched it in slo-mo, and while if you told me that's what had been called I'd know where you were looking, I can't say that my eyes believe that is actual contact.  #5's arm goes up and he jumps by #2.  His arm is pretty straight.  Ball leaves the hand and is well in the air before he could even potentially touch him (I recognize it can still be a foul after, just that I think some would say that's why it was an airball - he hasn't even potentially touched him yet: image.png.6cc082d6514083542fe4ed0f3be7ec31.png). 

Watch beyond that point - there is no telltale movement of #5's arm that would indicate it impacted something.  At absolute most, he hit his hand after the ball was gone, which again, I recognize would be a foul, I just don't know that I see even that.  But there's no way he did anything to his arm before the shot.

I wish there wasn't a giant ad over where the referee went to make the foul call.  I would have liked to have seen exactly what he signaled. 

Looks to me like #2's right arm gets pulled down to the right as #5 comes flying through, and I'm 100% with whoever said the right leg being forward should negate that call...but to me and this zapruder film, I think #5 rakes across #2's right arm.  

30 minutes ago, The Double Deuce said:

Looks to me like #2's right arm gets pulled down to the right as #5 comes flying through, and I'm 100% with whoever said the right leg being forward should negate that call...but to me and this zapruder film, I think #5 rakes across #2's right arm.  

It’s funny you say that - I almost referenced Zapruder when I made the original post!

It makes no difference as the call is the call. But it’s his hand if it’s anything, and it is definitely at least a full second after release. If he got it, he got it, but it’s not apparent on film to me. 

Good chance of a rematch in postseason. 

On 2/18/2022 at 7:16 AM, Kanaka Kahakai said:

I say no foul, play on.. plus he kicked his leg out to create an illusion of a foul call. Do they call that in high school, a flop? 

Yea if you kick the leg out it shouldn't be a foul but he called a foul for hitting his hand not the leg.  

On 2/18/2022 at 10:20 AM, DragonFire said:

I personally can't tell.  I've watched it in slo-mo, and while if you told me that's what had been called I'd know where you were looking, I can't say that my eyes believe that is actual contact.  #5's arm goes up and he jumps by #2.  His arm is pretty straight.  Ball leaves the hand and is well in the air before he could even potentially touch him (I recognize it can still be a foul after, just that I think some would say that's why it was an airball - he hasn't even potentially touched him yet: image.png.6cc082d6514083542fe4ed0f3be7ec31.png). 

Watch beyond that point - there is no telltale movement of #5's arm that would indicate it impacted something.  At absolute most, he hit his hand after the ball was gone, which again, I recognize would be a foul, I just don't know that I see even that.  But there's no way he did anything to his arm before the shot.

I wish there wasn't a giant ad over where the referee went to make the foul call.  I would have liked to have seen exactly what he signaled. 

Was at the scored table and he call a hit on the hand/wrist area.  

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.