Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"A Christmas Story" is getting a sequel

Featured Replies

I can't believe this is real.  Peter Billingsley is returning to play Ralphie and he will also produce the film, which will be entitled "A Christmas Story Christmas."

This is not a drill! The classic 1983 film which I absolutely watch every single year is getting a new chapter, according to The Hollywood Reporter. This film will be called "A Christmas Story Christmas," and a deal is reportedly closing for star of the original film, Peter Billingsley, to play the lead and produce...

In the sequel, an adult Ralphie heads back to the house he shared with his family on Cleveland Street, "to deliver his kids a magical Christmas like the one he had growing up." THR reports that his visit will allow him to "reconnect with childhood friends, reconcile the passing of his Old Man," and will include "callbacks to the initial film."...

Read More: https://www.slashfilm.com/740330/a-christmas-story-is-getting-a-sequel-with-peter-billingsley-returning-as-ralphie/?utm_campaign=clip

Like many on here, I've watched this movie oodles of time (seldom a start-to-finish type movie). It was fun in my youth, but by the time I was a teenager I came to the realization that this movie just sucks. However, this intrigues me from a nostalgia sense and I'm all in on bringing back original cast members to years later sequels (see Cobra Kai).

So it this movie going to be set in the 70s? Ralphie would be approaching 80 if set today.

So it’s not a remake but a sequel. That might work.

Remakes are difficult, especially if it’s a classic such as “A Christmas Story”.
 

There’s been talk for years of redoing “Casablanca” but it hasn’t happened ro my knowledge.
Most of the time remakes don’t do very well. Sometimes they do.
Sequels are difficult too but at least it’s not the same written storyline. They can work, as “The Godfather Ii” proved. 
 

  • Author
58 minutes ago, bugatti said:

but by the time I was a teenager I came to the realization that this movie just sucks.

 

Groin Kick.gif

39 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

 

Groin Kick.gif

The person on the left is "A Christmas Story." The person on the right is "Bad Santa."

  • Author
7 minutes ago, bugatti said:

The person on the left is "A Christmas Story." The person on the right is "Bad Santa."

Go run a marathon or something.

I mean we have to all agree that this movie is going to be terrible, but we will probably all still watch it, right?

 

22 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I mean we have to all agree that this movie is going to be terrible, but we will probably all still watch it, right?

 

It will absolutely be terrible, I'm not sure I'll watch it. 

  • Author
33 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I mean we have to all agree that this movie is going to be terrible, but we will probably all still watch it, right?

 

 

10 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

It will absolutely be terrible, I'm not sure I'll watch it. 

Yep, it'll definitely be terrible.  Not sure if I'll watch it or not.

19 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

 

Yep, it'll definitely be terrible.  Not sure if I'll watch it or not.

Jealous that your brother is making it instead of you?

What a good thread for laughs. ?

If you're all in on a "family movie" that promotes bad parenting, sexual innuendo, and racism, then sure, a Christmas Story is for you.

?

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

If you're all in on a "family movie" that promotes bad parenting, sexual innuendo, and racism, then sure, a Christmas Story is for you.

?

Don't forget an emphasis on gun play.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.