"A Christmas Story" is getting a sequel

I can't believe this is real.  Peter Billingsley is returning to play Ralphie and he will also produce the film, which will be entitled "A Christmas Story Christmas."

This is not a drill! The classic 1983 film which I absolutely watch every single year is getting a new chapter, according to The Hollywood Reporter. This film will be called "A Christmas Story Christmas," and a deal is reportedly closing for star of the original film, Peter Billingsley, to play the lead and produce...

In the sequel, an adult Ralphie heads back to the house he shared with his family on Cleveland Street, "to deliver his kids a magical Christmas like the one he had growing up." THR reports that his visit will allow him to "reconnect with childhood friends, reconcile the passing of his Old Man," and will include "callbacks to the initial film."...

Read More: https://www.slashfilm.com/740330/a-christmas-story-is-getting-a-sequel-with-peter-billingsley-returning-as-ralphie/?utm_campaign=clip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Randy Parker changed the title to "A Christmas Story" is getting a sequel

Like many on here, I've watched this movie oodles of time (seldom a start-to-finish type movie). It was fun in my youth, but by the time I was a teenager I came to the realization that this movie just sucks. However, this intrigues me from a nostalgia sense and I'm all in on bringing back original cast members to years later sequels (see Cobra Kai).

So it’s not a remake but a sequel. That might work.

Remakes are difficult, especially if it’s a classic such as “A Christmas Story”.

There’s been talk for years of redoing “Casablanca” but it hasn’t happened ro my knowledge.
Most of the time remakes don’t do very well. Sometimes they do.
Sequels are difficult too but at least it’s not the same written storyline. They can work, as “The Godfather Ii” proved. 

33 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

I mean we have to all agree that this movie is going to be terrible, but we will probably all still watch it, right?

10 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

It will absolutely be terrible, I'm not sure I'll watch it. 

Yep, it'll definitely be terrible.  Not sure if I'll watch it or not.