Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"A Christmas Story" is getting a sequel

Featured Replies

  • Author
1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Jealous that your brother is making it instead of you?

Jerk.

  • Author
1 hour ago, bugatti said:

If you're all in on a "family movie" that promotes bad parenting, sexual innuendo, and racism, then sure, a Christmas Story is for you.

?

A Christmas Story GIF - A Christmas Story Evil Santa - Discover & Share GIFs

Sequel? Shouldn't you say Threequel?

CS2.JPG

Even if the plot is good, I don't think it could hold up to the original simply due to the loss of Jean Shepherd as the narrator.  Without him as writer, I'll have doubts about the plot as well.  

  • Author
34 minutes ago, Irish Cat said:

Sequel? Shouldn't you say Threequel?

CS2.JPG

There was actually a sequel prior to that.  Narrated by Jean Shepherd and Bob Clark directed.  Called "My Summer Story" I think.  Came out in the mid-90's.

As mentioned, it had a sequel and it was terrible.

 

5 hours ago, Randy Parker said:

There was actually a sequel prior to that.  Narrated by Jean Shepherd and Bob Clark directed.  Called "My Summer Story" I think.  Came out in the mid-90's.

There was also another one on the Disney Channel back in the 90's.   Ollie Hopnoodle's Haven of Bliss.   That actually wasn't too bad.

We watched "A Christmas Story Christmas" today. It was good, hit some nostalgic notes along the way. Watch the credits, as they show several still shots from the original and similar scenes from this one.

BTW, Delbert Bumpus is awesome! Of course I might be biased.

On 11/25/2022 at 10:54 PM, Jumper_Dad said:

We watched "A Christmas Story Christmas" today. It was good, hit some nostalgic notes along the way. Watch the credits, as they show several still shots from the original and similar scenes from this one.

BTW, Delbert Bumpus is awesome! Of course I might be biased.

Who is showing it?

18 minutes ago, Bluto said:

Who is showing it?

HBOMAX 

  • Author

We watched it Sunday.  It was decent.  Strongest part of the movie was building the story, basically, around the Old Man.  It wasn't nearly the disaster I expected. 

Saw it today and I was impressed.   Plenty of charm and homage to the original.   And it really tugs at the heart strings.

Watched it last night, and then a 2nd time this morning.

WAY better than I was expecting. I thought the directing and editing decisions were excellent.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.