Scenario...If UK goes 5-7 next season, what happens?

RockPride

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure if "catasrophic" is the correct word if UK goes 5-7. UK cannot fall back into the 3 and 4 win range however.

Finally, an intelligent, thoughtful response. Bugatti, you are a welcome relief! :thumb:

Who knows, I am just going to enjoy this season until the summer, before I start looking ahead.

So much can change, but what you have to like is that a bowl win like this can be a spring board to bigger and better things if they go about it the right way mentally.

They have a boatload of players returning, 45 of their top 51 to be exact.

Their SEC schedule is a bear. But what I think has happened this year, is that at the very minimum UK has closed the gap between themselves and the rest of the SEC pack.

They beat Georgia who played well right after getting beat by UK. They took UT to the wire before losing, and then in turn beat the most talented team in the ACC in convincing fahion in the bowl game.

Too hard to figure game by game versus opponents. So many variables to play out. I think Commonwealth becomes a tougher place to play due to the renewed enthusiasm based on their play this year.

I think it depends a lot on how they compete against Louisville, LSU, Tennessee, and Florida at home. Maybe they can knock one or two of them off. That is going to be a big factor in how the season plays out.

They got their first bowl win since 1994, they beat UGA for the first time in a long time and are due versus UF and UT.

I am just going to enjoy this season for a little while.

I need to see some justification for the LSU and UL wins....both teams posses a defense that really pressures the QB, this should be a major problem for UK in 2006, they lose 3 OL, and they have a QB that is not very mobile.

It wouldn't shock me to see UK drop back to 5-7 or 6-6. As far as LSU I really don't see them having a great chance in that game. However, when you mention UL's defense you are talking about a unit that finished 75th against the pass and 41st overall. They also lose 4 of their top players in Gay, Okoye,Harris and Sharp. They played UK at the beginning of the year this year and I think you'd have to agree that the Cats are a much different and much better team than they were at that point. Couple that with the fact that UK will have a couple of games to get ready for the Cards, the game being a rivalry game which can lead to unexpected results and Kentucky playing at home and I don't think that this game is anywhere near a lock for UL next year. Kentucky won't be favored but this could be a dangerous game for UL.

I see 6 wins at the very most..

One thing is for sure. Based on past history, UK WILL NOT win six games next year.

What I like is that Ohio State, Texas, and Oklahoma are fighting each other in this..... I think Texas beats Ohio State, and then Oklahoma beats Texas...

USC a 9 1/2 point favorite goes TO Arkansas to open the season....very, very tough opener...

What's scary is that UK likely wouldn't be bowl eligible playing the Big East either.

However, he did get one right though.

I just seen something really funny........

A UL fan said Bush would rush for over 2,000 yards this year.

^ No way....he won't get nearly enough touches.

Of course you can't take what I predict too seriously also. I must have still been hungover when I made this beauty.

You're crazy.

LSU wins the national title.

We can all thank RP when UK doesn't win six games next year :lol: