Kentucky 92 High Point 48

16thBBall Fan

Ever since Jon Sundvold has been doing UK games, his voice has sounded familiar to me. I've looked up his background and nothing stood out as to where I would recognize him from. It's kinda drove me crazy for over a year.

I've Googled and YouTube searched dozens of things over the past year trying to find the voice that I remembered, that sounds like Sundvold. 

Listening today the name Jerry, popped into my head and off to Google/YouTube I went. I finally found it! Jon Sundvold sounds just like Jerry McKinnis from the old fishing show, "The Fishing Hole" and outdoor related programs on ESPN.

Oh, Congrats Tubby on a well deserved honor and good game Cats!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Ever since Jon Sundvold has been doing UK games, his voice has sounded familiar to me. I've looked up his background and nothing stood out as to where I would recognize him from. It's kinda drove me crazy for over a year.

I've Googled and YouTube searched dozens of things over the past year trying to find the voice that I remembered, that sounds like Sundvold. 

Listening today the name Jerry, popped into my head and off to Google/YouTube I went. I finally found it! Jon Sundvold sounds just like Jerry McKinnis from the old fishing show, "The Fishing Hole" and outdoor related programs on ESPN.

Oh, Congrats Tubby on a well deserved honor and good game Cats!!!

Was Sunvold a player at Missouri for Norm Stewart??

54 minutes ago, Randy Parker said:

Really glad Tubby is in the rafters.  One of the classiest coaches of all-time. 

Without a doubt Tubby did it right. He also recruited and coached some of my favorite Wildcats of all time, Evans, Prince and Bogans off the top of my head.  

I’m watching the game now on my phone with CFP game on TV.  Somehow didn’t realize it was a morning game.  

4 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

No need for a beat down in this game.  Would you invite people over for a party and serve HOT beer?

Kentucky top 7 guys played less in this game than I believe any game this season.  Only Wheeler played more than 25 minutes.  

I highly doubt Tubby had any problem with it, so I don't see why anyone else should either.  High Point was completely outmatched and Kentucky shot extremely well.  No controversy here.

4 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Kentucky top 7 guys played less in this game than I believe any game this season.  Only Wheeler played more than 25 minutes.  

I highly doubt Tubby had any problem with it, so I don't see why anyone else should either.  High Point was completely outmatched and Kentucky shot extremely well.  No controversy here.

My whole point, HP was completely outmatched and Kentucky will most always shoot well against that type of team.  So call the dogs early.

I just saw no need to embarrass them, but that's just me.

50 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

My whole point, HP was completely outmatched and Kentucky will most always shoot well against that type of team.  So call the dogs early.

I just saw no need to embarrass them, but that's just me.

He did call the dogs off early....

Against WKU when UK won by 35: Tshiebwe (34 mins), Washington (35 mins), Grady (34 mins).

Against UNC when UK won by 29: Wheeler (32 mins), Grady (31 mins)

Against High Point when UK won by 44, only one starter played more than 25 mins and it was Wheeler who only play 27 mins.  So he did call them off earlier than the other more recent blowouts.  I'm not going to go back and look at all the games this year but Cal literally did exactly what you said he should have done.

• Like 1