Current Top 25 Recruiting Classes Rankings as of 12/16/21

16thBBall Fan

I came across this ran this morning after yesterday's early signing period. It looks like as usual the rich just keep getting richer. I was glad to see Kentucky all the way up to #11. The SEC had 12 of the top 25 classes and also that does not include Florida. The Big 10 had 5 was the next closest. One last thing all 25 schools were from the Power 5 (24) plus 1 independent (ND).

Here is the rankings:

1- Georgia

2- Alabama

3- Texas A&M

4- Ohio State

5- Texas

6- Penn State

7- Notre Dame

8- UNC

9- Michigan

10- Oklahoma

11- Kentucky

12- Auburn

13- Missouri

14- Stanford

15- Florida State

16- Tennessee

17- Clemson

18- Arkansas

19- Indiana

20- Michigan State

21- Ole Miss.

22- Mississippi State

23- LSU

24- South Carolina

25- Oklahoma State

11 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I have seen another list that has A&M first Georgia 2nd and Bama 3rd. 

I wonder if that means that the recruiting classes of those three schools are so close that it is a coin flip to determine who is first?

13 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

I have seen another list that has A&M first Georgia 2nd and Bama 3rd. 

1 hour ago, Bert said:

I wonder if that means that the recruiting classes of those three schools are so close that it is a coin flip to determine who is first?

From 247sports:

The Aggies’ No. 1-ranked class currently holds 321.38 points on the 247Sports Composite Team Rankings. That’s good enough for the fifth-best class ever in the 247Sports era. Right behind them is the Crimson Tide with 317.23 points, which ranks 8th-best all time. Georgia, on the other hand, has 311.96 points, which is well clear of Ohio State, who checks in at No. 4 rankings with just under 290 points.

Same article mentioned that A&M is expected to land three more 5* players...so their class is only going to get better between now and February. 

13 hours ago, Walter said:

From 247sports:

The Aggies’ No. 1-ranked class currently holds 321.38 points on the 247Sports Composite Team Rankings. That’s good enough for the fifth-best class ever in the 247Sports era. Right behind them is the Crimson Tide with 317.23 points, which ranks 8th-best all time. Georgia, on the other hand, has 311.96 points, which is well clear of Ohio State, who checks in at No. 4 rankings with just under 290 points.

Same article mentioned that A&M is expected to land three more 5* players...so their class is only going to get better between now and February. 

A&M boosters are paying up big time.  The state of Texas is back.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tigerpride94 said:

Another thing that's not included in recruiting rankings is transfers. With transfer portal so big now almost as important as HS recruiting.

I think an argument could me made that the transfer portal is more important.  These high school kids often are not ready to contribute right away and several of them end up being bust and never make any impact on the field.  More often than not, teams using the transfer portal are getting a player who has proven that they can play at the college level and are ready to step in immediately and fill a position of need. 

• Like 1

I know that this is something to talk about in the down time between the end of the season and the upcoming bowl games, but it's pretty useless.  Yeah, Georgia and Alabama have the top incoming classes.  In this day and age, however, it's likely that have those kids end up playing somewhere else.  It needs to be looked at in 2026 to see who faired best in 2022.

On 12/19/2021 at 10:00 PM, The Raven said:

I know that this is something to talk about in the down time between the end of the season and the upcoming bowl games, but it's pretty useless.  Yeah, Georgia and Alabama have the top incoming classes.  In this day and age, however, it's likely that have those kids end up playing somewhere else.  It needs to be looked at in 2026 to see who faired best in 2022.

Bama has added two 5 star transfers in the last 2 weeks.  We thought they were far ahead before NIL, they could double or triple gap everyone soon.