Kentucky 76 Southern 64

MJAlltheWay24

My thoughts, more overall than just tonight:

1) I love watching Oscar Tshiebwe. Might be my favorite Cat since Booker. I gotta think on if he passes Herro for me or not.

2) I like a lot of Wheeler does (and maybe I like him more cause he's not Askew) but Jesus he has some bad turnovers. Needs to learn how to play at different speeds.

3) I like what Collins brings to this team but get stronger. Curious how he will do against Power 5 teams, which are now upon them.

4) Allen doesn't do much for me and he doesn't bring enough to the table to stay on the court.

5) I think Grady is gonna make every shot.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

My thoughts, more overall than just tonight:

1) I love watching Oscar Tshiebwe. Might be my favorite Cat since Booker. I gotta think on if he passes Herro for me or not.

2) I like a lot of Wheeler does (and maybe I like him more cause he's not Askew) but Jesus he has some bad turnovers. Needs to learn how to play at different speeds.

3) I like what Collins brings to this team but get stronger. Curious how he will do against Power 5 teams, which are now upon them.

4) Allen doesn't do much for me and he doesn't bring enough to the table to stay on the court.

5) I think Grady is gonna make every shot.

I agree with all the above.  I love Wheeler's game when he is mentally into it he is a great PG along the lines of Ullis.  

Collins right now reminds me of Andre Riddick.  If it's not a dunk, don't count on a score.  Blocks shots unless he's muscled out.  

Allen is a mystery for me.  Maybe he would do better in a 3 guard lineup, I don't know.  

Almost everybody took a step back last night in improvement and they looked as disinterested as I was watching them.  Hard to "get up" for every game but if they don't screw on the mental helmet these next few games are going to be awfully rough.  

17 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

I'm beginning to believe this unit will be no better than last years squad.

So let me understand, you believe this Kentucky team has a chance to go down as one of the worst teams ever fielded in UK history? Really, you believe this? You may want this to be true, but I don't think you really believe this.

15 minutes ago, bugatti said:

I'll admit that I have not watched a single dribble since the Duke game because I am disinterested in pre-season basketball. I look forward to things kick-starting Saturday.

Kick starting Sat.?  Notre Dame may well finish dead last in the ACC.  Granted its a road game, but you are talking about a very bad Irish team.  Which by the way is disappointing.  Did not expect them to be Top 10 but as down as the ACC is I expected them to be Top 6 in that conference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cincyswords said:

Kick starting Sat.?  Notre Dame may well finish dead last in the ACC.  Granted its a road game, but you are talking about a very bad Irish team.  Which by the way is disappointing.  Did not expect them to be Top 10 but as down as the ACC is I expected them to be Top 6 in that conference.

You know what I mean. I am not saying Notre Dame are world beaters or remotely good, but it is a road game against an ACC school. Not a tune-up home game against a directional school. They are out of that part of their schedule (aside from the ceremonial High Point game).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

So let me understand, you believe this Kentucky team has a chance to go down as one of the worst teams ever fielded in UK history? Really, you believe this? You may want this to be true, but I don't think you really believe this.

No, I really don't want to see this happen, but I believe in my time, I have watched enough basketball to form an opinion.  The truth is, in my opinion,  this team is not very good.

You stated you haven't watched any games since the first one, so what are you basing your facts of improvement on?

23 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

No, I really don't want to see this happen, but I believe in my time, I have watched enough basketball to form an opinion.  The truth is, in my opinion,  this team is not very good.

You stated you haven't watched any games since the first one, so what are you basing your facts of improvement on?

Improvement over last year? I don't have a great grasp of the team (yet), but...

1) I watched the Duke game. The only game that really mattered thus far. If that was last year's team (which you are claiming they are on par with), they lose by 25+, easily. Not be competitive throughout. Now maybe they have regressed immensely since then?

2) History. Again, last year was a historically bad season. No person is debating that. I just find it hard to believe UK would field, in consecutive years teams of that caliber, or lack-there-of.

They may end up sucking, "not being very good" and miss the NCAA tournament. But the chances of UK being as bad as last year - which again, is what you are claiming - is unlikely.

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

Improvement over last year? I don't have a great grasp of the team (yet), but...

1) I watched the Duke game. The only game that really mattered thus far. If that was last year's team (which you are claiming they are on par with), they lose by 25+, easily. Not be competitive throughout. Now maybe they have regressed immensely since then?

2) History. Again, last year was a historically bad season. No person is debating that. I just find it hard to believe UK would field, in consecutive years teams of that caliber, or lack-there-of.

They may end up sucking, "not being very good" and miss the NCAA tournament. But the chances of UK being as bad as last year - which again, is what you are claiming - is unlikely.

No problem here, just my opinion, I will agree to disagree.  It's just a game, tomorrow will still arrive.

13 minutes ago, DanvilleFan said:

Not to be THAT guy, but if Calipari misses the NCAA tournament for the second straight year there's going to be a lot of heat on him.

Without a doubt, and rightfully so. But let's wait until UK starts losing several games in a row and ceases to be ranked in the top 10 before we write Coach Cal's epitaph.

• Like 2