Kentucky 76 Southern 64

MJAlltheWay24

17 hours ago, bugatti said:

Improvement over last year? I don't have a great grasp of the team (yet), but...

1) I watched the Duke game. The only game that really mattered thus far. If that was last year's team (which you are claiming they are on par with), they lose by 25+, easily. Not be competitive throughout. Now maybe they have regressed immensely since then?

2) History. Again, last year was a historically bad season. No person is debating that. I just find it hard to believe UK would field, in consecutive years teams of that caliber, or lack-there-of.

They may end up sucking, "not being very good" and miss the NCAA tournament. But the chances of UK being as bad as last year - which again, is what you are claiming - is unlikely.

Personally, I think this team will be an elite eight team.  From there who knows what happens.  I agree this team is not going to be bad.  In fact based on what I have seen this year from SEC teams they are very capable of winning the conference.   My point was that Notre Dame is really really bad this year which is a huge disappointment.  I do think UK is light years ahead of Louisville.  The Ohio State game will be a good gauge.  Ohio State has been somewhat inconsistent when playing low level competition this year, but so has UK.  I think players get bored playing so many "no name" teams in a row.  I don't  think it is a UK thing, I think its all top tier teams.

• Like 1