Open Job: Campbell County

1 hour ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I know I might get beat up again by mentioning his name but I think the current coach at Newport would be a good pick up by the Camels.

Campbell County in the last 3 years is 4-26 (based on KHSAA Scoreboard), so I doubt they are going to get the applicants that are turn key winners.

Why the Newport coach?  Let's just say I believe he has moved out of the Fort and is much much closer to CCHS then NHS, so proximity is a BIG selling point.

I just don't know if he is ever going to be a good fit down there.

Again, I realize I will probably be crucified by suggesting this idea but throwing it out there anyway.

Very understandable. The Newport job is a tough one. Why would anyone crucify you for suggesting it? Coaching is very much about being at the right place at the right time, no matter what the experts think. Sometimes the fit just isn't right.....and sometimes it is. Good luck to the Camels!

50 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Scott, Holmes and Boone County.....were the schools I was thinking of. 

Then if you wanted to sprinkle in some small school stuff, call up Barth to see if WV would want to play.

I realize the Highlands game will probably never be taken off the schedule due to proximity and longtime rivalry....

Conner, Cooper and HHS are all smaller than CC. No way Campbell should be trying to avoid playing those teams. If they can't regularly compete with those decent 5a teams, they'll never compete in their 6a district.

3 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

Conner, Cooper and HHS are all smaller than CC. No way Campbell should be trying to avoid playing those teams. If they can't regularly compete with those decent 5a teams, they'll never compete in their 6a district.

I don't disagree.  I should have elaborated.  I see the scheduling idea of mine as a short term need until the program can right itself and become what people have stated already where the athletes are on campus, they have the facilities, it just isn't clicking for the football program right now or at least the record shows for the last 3 years.  Long term absolutely!  If you aren't going to compete with 5A then you never going to in 6A.  Become more competitive with maybe lesser competition and build your program up from there and maybe add Cooper, Conner, and other tougher opponents once you feel like things are clicking....

It's clunking right now it looks like....

3 hours ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Scott, Holmes and Boone County.....were the schools I was thinking of. 

Then if you wanted to sprinkle in some small school stuff, call up Barth to see if WV would want to play.

I realize the Highlands game will probably never be taken off the schedule due to proximity and longtime rivalry....

I'd like to see Campbell County and Scott play since they are district rivals in the other team sports. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kenny Powers said:

Bert Bathiany. Get some HC experience then take over HHS. 

44 minutes ago, FrankNicodemus said:

I absolutely love the idea!!!

Would there be enough money in coaching Campbell County to lure him away from his current gig??

40 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

All depends if he could get in the building with a teaching gig or something similar. 

If Bathiany is as good a coach as people believe, he might not leave Campbell County once he gets there and has success.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

If Bathiany is as good a coach as people believe, he might not leave Campbell County once he gets there and has success.

Define success at Campbell County?  Let's be honest here, b/c of the Powerhouses in Lville I seriously doubt ANY magician of a Coach will have Campbell County knocking on the door to a State Title in our lifetime.....I would love to see it though, don't get me wrong.

As long as State Trophies aren't coming to Alexandria, I think he would accept the offer (if ever given) to come to HHS if this "hypothetical situation" would occur.

41 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

If you look at Bathiany's resume, he is on the track to be a college HC; he has moved up very quickly. However, from what I have been told, his dream job is HHS. It is in his blood. It is my understanding that basically the only thing keeping him from being that right now is his lack of HC experience. Him winning at CC, which I think he would do (not titles but still win) would fix the hole in his resume. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1