Open Job: Campbell County

1 hour ago, FrankNicodemus said:

Define success at Campbell County?  Let's be honest here, b/c of the Powerhouses in Lville I seriously doubt ANY magician of a Coach will have Campbell County knocking on the door to a State Title in our lifetime.....I would love to see it though, don't get me wrong.

As long as State Trophies aren't coming to Alexandria, I think he would accept the offer (if ever given) to come to HHS if this "hypothetical situation" would occur.

By your definition then no one will ever have success at Campbell County because they can't win a state title in 6A. Am I reading your answer right?

26 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

By your definition then no one will ever have success at Campbell County because they can't win a state title in 6A. Am I reading your answer right?

You read my comment incorrectly.....  Here is your comment:

"If Bathiany is as good a coach as people believe, he might not leave Campbell County once he gets there and has success."

My comment was to mean:  If your success is defined by State Trophies coming to Alexandria then maybe he wouldn't leave Campbell County (but I say he would still come to HHS) BUT if his success is a "Winning Program/Culture" but no State Titles then YES he would absolutely BOLT to come to HHS.  So basically I am rebutting your comment about him staying at Campbell County if he "has success".

Like Kenny said, HHS is potentially his "dream job", I don't know what type of success at Campbell County would keep him there if HHS comes calling.....that's my point.

Again, for the record I would love to see Campbell County to have success.  I am of the mindset if there are more successful programs around the better for everyone......this includes the supply of good coaches too!!!!

First things first, let's get him down to NKY coaching and see what happens.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A person not mentioned  that I believe would be a great hire for Campbell County is Rick Honaker who graduated from Campbell County.  He has been an offensive coordinator at Ryle under Bryson Warner back when they made the state title game in 2008 I believe. He has been an assistant coach at two colleges after he first left Ryle. Then came back to Ryle and eventually became the defensive coordinator under Engler. He is now down in Georgia as an offensive coordinator. He has experience coaching on both sides of the ball and has had success on both sides. He is a Campbell County guy, and is someone who I believe players would love to play for. I’m not sure if he has applied, but if he does I think he would be a great hire for Campbell and someone who would build it and be there for the long haul. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Where and what does Bathiany coach currently? 

The Great Google Machine says:

Bert Bathiany enters his third season on the Tiffin coaching staff. He serves as Defensive Coordinator and Linebackers coach.   

During the 2020-21 campaign, Bathiany's defense helped lead TU to their second consecutive GMAC title, while ranking as the #1 defense in the country in points per game (8.67). The TU defense led the GMAC in multiple statistical categories including: scoring defense (8.67 ppg), total defense (208.8 ypg), yards per play (3.6 ypp), passing defense (109.0 ypg), pass defensive efficiency (89.8), and first downs allowed (12.0 pg). The TU defense capped the year off by placing nine members on the All-GMAC Team with five earning 1st Team nods. All three starting linebackers made All-GMAC with Brandon Burks and Marshawn Mankins on 1st Team and Landon Hall making 2nd Team. Charlie Cleveland earned his second consecutive GMAC Defensive Lineman of the Year award.  

https://www.gotiffindragons.com/sports/fball/coaches/bathiany?view=bio

• Like 1

On 12/25/2021 at 8:15 PM, MOMWOW said:

Hearing the freshman head coach (Jeremiah Sowards) is going to be the next head coach of the camels varsity team.

What’s his background?  What about the guys that were mentioned before Wolfe that are in the building?

On 12/22/2021 at 4:51 PM, futurecoach said:

A person not mentioned  that I believe would be a great hire for Campbell County is Rick Honaker who graduated from Campbell County.  He has been an offensive coordinator at Ryle under Bryson Warner back when they made the state title game in 2008 I believe. He has been an assistant coach at two colleges after he first left Ryle. Then came back to Ryle and eventually became the defensive coordinator under Engler. He is now down in Georgia as an offensive coordinator. He has experience coaching on both sides of the ball and has had success on both sides. He is a Campbell County guy, and is someone who I believe players would love to play for. I’m not sure if he has applied, but if he does I think he would be a great hire for Campbell and someone who would build it and be there for the long haul. 

Rick is a great coach and an all around great choice if they went this direction. My son loved playing for him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 12/28/2021 at 9:13 PM, Did_You_See_That said:

Who are the guys that were mentioned before Wolfe that are in the Building?

I don't have first hand knowledge of who applied, but suspect the following CC teachers have:

Jeremiah Sowards:  Current Freshman head coach, Head tennis coach

Russell Hardin:  Varsity Defensive Coordinator, Head boys track coach

Kevin Noll:  Previous Varsity assistant, 2nd year as Freshman Defensive coordinator

Matt Vonhondorf:  Previous Varsity assistant, Long time Middle School Head coach

On 12/31/2021 at 5:27 PM, BubbyKY said:

I don't have first hand knowledge of who applied, but suspect the following CC teachers have:

Jeremiah Sowards:  Current Freshman head coach, Head tennis coach

Russell Hardin:  Varsity Defensive Coordinator, Head boys track coach

Kevin Noll:  Previous Varsity assistant, 2nd year as Freshman Defensive coordinator

Matt Vonhondorf:  Previous Varsity assistant, Long time Middle School Head coach

If Rick Honaker is not on the short list there is something wrong.  Which would explain everything wrong with this football program.  He can get kids from the halls to the field. 

• Like 1