Most Interesting Games - Round 3

Here are the games I am most interested in tonight. These aren't necessarily the games I think will be the best or most competitive. They are the games where I wonder if the unexpected can happen.

Trinity at Ryle 

Daviess County at St. Xavier

Covington Catholic at Woodford County 

Belfry at Bell County

West Carter at Middlesboro 

Newport Catholic at Russellville 

Brossart at Raceland 

Any games I missed that you are curious to see what happens?

Which of these are you most interested in?

16 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Trinity at Ryle - Ryle competed with St. X, do they compete with Trinity?

Daviess County at St. Xavier - Humphreys is terrific but can Daviess make enough stops?

Covington Catholic at Woodford County - Woodford County is the most unknown undefeated team in the state.

Belfry at Bell County - we all sold on Belfry after their rough start but is anyone in the 3A East good enough to slow them down?

West Carter at Middlesboro - Middlesboro looks very good but have had a few games canceled; West Carter is good but as good as last season? Can they win this game on the road?

Newport Catholic at Russellville - is Newport Catholic good enough for a long bus ride victory?

Brossart at Raceland - Raceland is clearly better but the Brossart defense has seemed stout. I think Brossart being competitive in this game during the second half would be a huge step forward for their program.

• Like 1

I think a lot of eyes are on Cov Cath vs Woodford. The seasoned veteran squad from the north invades the school known for wrastl'n. I think WC has the edge QB wise, but I think CC's defense will be on another level that WC has seen this year. If Patterson can stay clean they stand a chance. I like CC's staff over WC's. Experience in these types of games counts more than one thinks. 

1 hour ago, Kyfootballking said:

LCA vc Owensboro Catholic. I want to see how long OC can hang with them. Interested to see how the future looks with their young squad. 

I think LCA wins this comfortably but Owensboro Catholic has played very good football over the last six weeks and should be very excited about their future.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Here are the games I am most interested in tonight. These aren't necessarily the games I think will be the best or most competitive. They are the games where I wonder if the unexpected can happen.

Trinity at Ryle 

Daviess County at St. Xavier

Covington Catholic at Woodford County 

Belfry at Bell County

West Carter at Middlesboro 

Newport Catholic at Russellville 

Brossart at Raceland 

Any games I missed that you are curious to see what happens?

Which of these are you most interested in?

How about Johnson Central/Corbin?

45 minutes ago, Tigerallamerican said:

I think a lot of eyes are on Cov Cath vs Woodford. The seasoned veteran squad from the north invades the school known for wrastl'n. I think WC has the edge QB wise, but I think CC's defense will be on another level that WC has seen this year. If Patterson can stay clean they stand a chance. I like CC's staff over WC's. Experience in these types of games counts more than one thinks. 

CCH O line has been really solid the last few weeks. Agee and Hummel have been really good too.

I’m interested in Logan County vs Spencer County. Two teams making their first ever trips to the quarterfinals. A feel good matchup but both are well coached, solid football teams. This game won’t grab a ton of attention but for all the other reasons I think this will be a really good football game. 

The only bad news is the winner gets a trip to Boyle County next week for a running clock. 

• Like 1