South Oldham at South Warren Predictions/Updates

theguru

Who wins?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

South Oldham head football Coach Jamie Reed brings his 9-3 Dragons to South Warren to face the BGP #1 Spartans in this 5A 3rd round playoff game.  South Warren lost a close game to Hendersonville (TN) back in August and have rolled through the rest of their Kentucky competition.  Unranked South Oldham is a little bit of a mystery but they have lost to CAL, Ballard, and Oldham County.  Does South Oldham have any chance in this game or will it be business as usual for Coach Brandon Smith's South Warren Spartans?

Unless every ranking source is completely wrong, South Warren should easily win. I highly doubt South Oldham is better than Bowling Green, who SW just defeated. I don't think South Oldham has seen a defense like the Spartans yet this year. It looks like they are mostly a run offense too, which doesn't match up well against SW. I look for a 21 point margin of victory for South Warren.

• Like 1

Wow.    

Really hated that Pegasus Sports couldn't go and broadcast video coverage as we normally do, but there was only room at South Warren for one visiting broadcaster, and South Oldham chose another broadcast entity to do the game.     Some days, you're just on the wrong side of the coin.

The Dragons are playing this game without three coaches who are ill.    I'm told they even pulled in a former SOHS star player and former SOHS assistant coach - Joe Gamsky - to help out.    I hate to hear some of the coaches are sick, but I really like the move on Jamie Reed's part to reach out to former Dragon greats who have helped him build this program over the last 12 years....

CM