Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ludlow getting a new field?

Featured Replies

I drove by yesterday and noticed what appears to new poles and fencing being installed. The whole park is surrounded by construction fencing. Lefties will miss the short porch in right field. 

1 minute ago, Luke Warmwater said:

I drove by yesterday and noticed what appears to new poles and fencing being installed. The whole park is surrounded by construction fencing. Lefties will miss the short porch in right field. 

Did you get a chance to take any pictures?

And Ludlow was probably my favorite place to watch a high school baseball game. 

18 hours ago, Luke Warmwater said:

I drove by yesterday and noticed what appears to new poles and fencing being installed. The whole park is surrounded by construction fencing. Lefties will miss the short porch in right field. 

The city of Ludlow and NKY put a walking path not far behind the RF fence. Without moving the plate area, I'm not sure that it can be a much further fence in its place. 

Thye school and city have partnered with the Reds. They will be getting a turf field down there. 

3 hours ago, icalldownfire said:

Thye school and city have partnered with the Reds. They will be getting a turf field down there. 

They did that with Covington Holmes and refurbished Meinken Field.  Results look absolutely amazing.

5 hours ago, icalldownfire said:

Thye school and city have partnered with the Reds. They will be getting a turf field down there. 

Sitting right next to the river, how often does the existing field flood?

  • Author

I was wondering the same thing. I was told that's why Bellevue doesn't have a turf football field, was flooding concerns. 

Looks like it will be one of the best fields in NKY.  Love the river backdrop and the entire setup.

 

Here is the next one:

ludlow2.jpg

On 12/14/2021 at 9:43 PM, punttheball said:

Sitting right next to the river, how often does the existing field flood?

In the 11 years I’ve been here it has only flooded once. But it will be turf infield and grass outfield. Similar to Bellevues field 

Any idea on the outfield dimensions?  

On 2/28/2022 at 9:54 AM, 5-oh said:

Any idea on the outfield dimensions?  

Old dimensions 

LF 320

LC 395

CF 335

RC 300

RF 271

 

I will see if I can find out if those are staying the same or changing 

On 3/2/2022 at 10:26 PM, WSL-BIRDS said:

Old dimensions 

LF 320

LC 395

CF 335

RC 300

RF 271

 

I will see if I can find out if those are staying the same or changing 

I assume they are changing, and that’s why they tore the fence down. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.