Owensboro 35 Graves County 28

theguru

21 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

You can laugh all you want. I wanted too see if Graves could play with them. They could. I evaluated how Mayfield would do against them. THey would do just fine against them. 

I agree. You are not running at Mayfield Lbs like that. If you are one dimensional they, Mayfield,  beat you. However, I also don’t think weather like that would benefit I Mayfield. It would be a very low scoring game, but I think Mayfield is better. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, gcbleedblue said:

Made too many mistakes. What an incredible game. However, all I will ever remember is Owensboro running to the locker room taunting and flipping the bird to our guys, and refusing to shake hands. 

Number 6 for O is a load.

The rain hurt us. Took away our passing game which has been a huge strength for us.

Obviously, I’m not going to condone taunting and flipping the bird if that happened, but as far as shaking hands….

Marshall County lined up tonight and Apollo didn’t shake hands. We haven’t had a post-game handshake in the Owensboro area since the start of the pandemic. Last year, I know, it was a KHSAA expectation that teams would NOT shake hands due to the pandemic. I’m not interested in a discussion about the possibilities of transmission shaking hands vs at the line of scrimmage. I just wanted to clarify that the non-handshake in and of itself might not be meant as disrespectful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gcbleedblue said:

I agree. You are not running at Mayfield Lbs like that. If you are one dimensional they, Mayfield,  beat you. However, I also don’t think weather like that would benefit I Mayfield. It would be a very low scoring game, but I think Mayfield is better. 

Not doubting that mayfields linebackers are good but Owensboros run game has been fairly underrated this yr with the high anticipation of Wimsatts senior yr most expected O to be pass heavy but looking back it has been O’s running game that has carried them to victory for the most part. The Devils even ran against St. X pretty well. Unless mayfields defense is better than St. X’s. I think we would be able to run on them too. Also you gotta remember Graves only got a heavy dose of O’s second best running back. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Devils Fan said:

Not doubting that mayfields linebackers are good but Owensboros run game has been fairly underrated this yr with the high anticipation of Wimsatts senior yr most expected O to be pass heavy but looking back it has been O’s running game that has carried them to victory for the most part. The Devils even ran against St. X pretty well. Unless mayfields defense is better than St. X’s. I think we would be able to run on them too. Also you gotta remember Graves only got a heavy dose of O’s second best running back. 

That’s a fair point.

• Like 1

Yea, I'm not sure what Mayfield has to do with anything??  For Owensboro, the focus is more on teams like South Warren, Fred Doug and Graves again than a hypothetical Mayfield comparison.  For them to go on the road and win this game without Carbon is impressive.  Graves missed a big chance to get the Devils at home later.  That's going to make for a tough trip next month.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/15/2021 at 10:20 PM, gcbleedblue said:

Made too many mistakes. What an incredible game. However, all I will ever remember is Owensboro running to the locker room taunting and flipping the bird to our guys, and refusing to shake hands. 

Number 6 for O is a load.

The rain hurt us. Took away our passing game which has been a huge strength for us.

Bad sportsmanship is never acceptable but Graves has said things that are far worse than the bird .

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Brown said:

This is very true just didn’t want to say what.

I’m a Graves Alum, was completely embarrassed by the behavior of their football team the last year Apollo played down there. The culmination of which occurred when a Graves player looked at an Apollo player lying on the ground and stomped on his crotch.