Owensboro 35 Graves County 28

theguru

I was at this game. Graves made too many mistakes. The QB was picked off on a screen pass at the 10 and run in for a touchdown. A touchdown by O was run out of the endzone. Fumbles by Graves in the red zone didnt help either. Graves can beat Owensboro but it just got harder because Graves has to go there next time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

I was at this game. Graves made too many mistakes. The QB was picked off on a screen pass at the 10 and run in for a touchdown. A touchdown by O was run out of the endzone. Fumbles by Graves in the red zone didnt help either. Graves can beat Owensboro but it just got harder because Graves has to go there next time.

Round 2 should be a good one but Rash is a hard place to win….can’t wait for this one especially if Carbon is good to go .

• Thanks 1

Other news O was without its best player - who will be back soon:

kenyatta Carbon 34 carries for 373 yards and 8 TD’s in 4 games, 1 return RD, leads the team with 3 ints.  Great speed and cutting as a part time running back.  You got the bruiser tonight but you’ll see both come round 2.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

I'll say this. Owensboro is ranked 11 in Calpreps. Mayfield is as good or better than them.

I’ll disagree strongly - you had a tough time with Caldwell.  In scrimmage O could have beaten them 60-0 and O could have very easily blown this open.  This was a messy game.

• Thanks 1

Man graves is definitely a team that’ll fight until the end. Have no choice but to respect it. Definitely thought Graves would pull out the 1st meeting with Wimsatt gone and Carbon out literally the 2 biggest threats on offense for the devils. Boone stepped up and did just enough with Barksdale carrying majority of the load running the ball. I think the devils still might have a chance to make a deep run in the playoffs. The game winning drive led by Boone should be a big confidence boost for him the team and the coaching staff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brown said:

I’ll disagree strongly - you had a tough time with Caldwell.  In scrimmage O could have beaten them 60-0 and O could have very easily blown this open.  This was a messy game.

We didnt have a tough time with Caldwell. Mayfield is as good or better than Owensboro. I ;ve seen both play.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Devils Fan said:

Man graves is definitely a team that’ll fight until the end. Have no choice but to respect. Definitely thought Graves would pull out the 1st meeting with Wimsatt gone and Carbon out literally the 2 biggest threats for the devils. Boone stepped up and did just enough with Barksdale carrying majority of the load running the ball. I think the devils still might have a chance to make a deep run in the playoffs. The game winning drive led by Boone should be a big confidence boost for him the team and the coaching staff 

Yes sir I think O is to the semis if it beats Graves again.

Made too many mistakes. What an incredible game. However, all I will ever remember is Owensboro running to the locker room taunting and flipping the bird to our guys, and refusing to shake hands. 

Number 6 for O is a load.

The rain hurt us. Took away our passing game which has been a huge strength for us.

• Thanks 1