McNicholas (OH) 27 Highlands 21

TheDeuce

I do think special teams need a lot of work. Not a whole of creativity on return teams. Need misdirection IMO. Way to easy to defend straight on blocking. Welch seemed to be missing tonight. He needs a lot more touches. Maybe I missed something. Previous games he seemed to a lot more involved on offense. Idk, maybe coaches trying something different. Like I said, speed bump, correct some things, on to next week. #1March

2 minutes ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

I do think special teams need a lot of work. Not a whole of creativity on return teams. Need misdirection IMO. Way to easy to defend straight on blocking. Welch seemed to be missing tonight. He needs a lot more touches. Maybe I missed something. Previous games he seemed to a lot more involved on offense. Idk, maybe coaches trying something different. Like I said, speed bump, correct some things, on to next week. #1March

Special teams will suffer when one coach is in charge of kickoff, another punt, another kickoff return.  You get what I am saying.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jack of all Trades said:

There was nothing wrong with Highlands losing that game.  Kids played hard to the very end.  The play of the game honestly was the pick 6.  Probably should have run the ball and tried a field goal.  At worst you do not give up the score that made all the difference.

As an outsider looking in I don't think any less of this team after tonight. 

• Like 3

Tough loss.  Again pick 6 hurt.  A missed tackle resulted in another TD.  I think I would run out Hinegardner to returns.  RB is a big issue.  Richter out, Geisler awaiting papers, Hosea comes out injured.  Robinson and Dunn had to tote and our big contributors on defense and Kissee and LaFrange had ton of snaps both ways but they move people and had to have 20 tackles between them.  Non district, work hard and learn.  Hopefully some return from injuries.

10 hours ago, Falcon Pride said:

What is a Cake hater?

Back in Dearborn, MI our rival was referred to as the “cake eaters”. The perception was their neighborhood had more affluence with bigger homes and students who drove high end cars. Maybe the term here was meant to be “cake eater haters”?

Thinking about this more overnight, I have to agree with Guru.  Think no less of team after this game.  In years past, down two scores at halftime would have left vibe that game was over because no adjustments would be made.  Pretty obvious last night that some small changes were made on both sides of the ball and thus team is in the game until the end.  Just have to keep working each and every week and play the next team on the schedule.