3. Mayfield vs. 6A McCracken County

4. Danville at 3A #3 Mercer County

5. Murray at 3A Union County

6. Middlesboro vs. 1A Lynn Camp

7. Somerset vs. 1A #4 Paintsville 

8. Hancock County at Edmonson County 

9. West Carter vs. 3A East Carter

10. Owensboro Catholic at 5A #2 Owensboro 

The next 3 weeks should give a clear picture of 1-2-3 seeds. If LCA beats CAL, Lex Cath & Pikeville they will have a sizable lead as it pertains to RPI and should be the #1 seed come week 1 playoffs baring some type of major implosion with their remaining games following this 3 game gauntlet. Beechwood and Mayfield’s remaining schedules should see them win out. Beechwood with 2 seed and Mayfield with 3 seed ultimately. The million dollar question is the 4 seed…IMO it’s not Danville and it’s not Somerset. Murray? Middlesboro? Walton Verona? 

1 minute ago, Tigerallamerican said:

The next 3 weeks should give a clear picture of 1-2-3 seeds. If LCA beats CAL, Lex Cath & Pikeville they will have a sizable lead as it pertains to RPI and should be the #1 seed come week 1 playoffs baring some type of major implosion with their remaining games following this 3 game gauntlet. Beechwood and Mayfield’s remaining schedules should see them win out. Beechwood with 2 seed and Mayfield with 3 seed ultimately. The million dollar question is the 4 seed…IMO it’s not Danville and it’s not Somerset. Murray? Middlesboro? Walton Verona? 

This is why I hate RPI.  If LCA beats CAL, Lex Cath & Pikeville, that's a tough run there, but it's a 3A, 4A & 1A school and ultimately, won't hold as much weight in RPI as if Beechwood runs the table and beats 5A Covington Catholic, 6A Dixie Heights & 6A Simon Kenton.  I think if all 3 teams run the tables, Beechwood is still #1 in RPI with LCA #2 & Mayfield #3.  I guess we'll see.

• Like 2

I don't think Somerset is a top ten team. I've watched both games they have played and they aren't a top ten team yet. I'd also like to see how good Middlesboro is, they seem to have a pretty good team. I'm also not sold on Danville being number 4, but I don't know a team I'd have above them at this point. The top 3 of 2a are head and shoulders above everyone else at this point. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, GC-Dragons said:

I don't think Somerset is a top ten team. I've watched both games they have played and they aren't a top ten team yet. I'd also like to see how good Middlesboro is, they seem to have a pretty good team. I'm also not sold on Danville being number 4, but I don't know a team I'd have above them at this point. The top 3 of 2a are head and shoulders above everyone else at this point. 

This week will answer all those questions. Looking at the matchups this week, there could be a shakeup in these rankings.

• Thanks 1

LCA vs Classification:

- 6A,4A,3A,3A,4A,1A,2A,2A,2A,6A = 33/60

Current record - 3-0

Opponent combined record as of week 3 = 17-13 (win % 57%)

OOWP = .67

RPI = .701 (through 3 games)

Beechwood vs Classification:

- 5A,1A,2A,6A,5A,6A,2A,2A,2A,1A = 32/60

Current record - 3-0

Opponent combined record as of week 3 = 9-20 (win % 31%)

OOWP = .33

RPI = .482 (through 3 games) 

I think it did this correctly lol...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, snakesnot_2000 said:

What is Mayfield's? They probably will run the table. A home game would be invaluable come playoff time. They need to be factored in. It's not a shoo in for LCA and Beechwood.

So basically it sounds like you are saying that you think the only way Mayfield could beat Beechwood or LCA is that if they are playing that game at home. Unless I’m misunderstanding on what you are trying to say. 

I don't think anyone is saying LCA and Beechwood are a "shoo in"...However, I watched a lot of film on Mayfield last year preparing for Murray. Both of the games between Murray and Mayfield were close in 2020 (21-20 & 28-21) w/ the series being split. LCA absolutely beat the breaks off of Murray 48-13 in the state semifinals. I know Mayfield has tradition and a great staff but based on film and results they have to get a lot better to hang with LCA and Beechwood. At this point Mayfield is a solid number 3. The big question is who is number 4 at this point? It's a long season anything could happen. 

Mayfield vs classification: 

5A,4A,3A,6A,4A,2A,2A,2A,2A,4A  = 32/60

Current record - 3-0

Opponent combined record as of week 3 = 9-19 (win % 32%)

OOWP = .33

RPI = 0.499 (through 3 games) 

52 minutes ago, Tigerallamerican said:

I don't think anyone is saying LCA and Beechwood are a "shoo in"...However, I watched a lot of film on Mayfield last year preparing for Murray. Both of the games between Murray and Mayfield were close in 2020 (21-20 & 28-21) w/ the series being split. LCA absolutely beat the breaks off of Murray 48-13 in the state semifinals. I know Mayfield has tradition and a great staff but based on film and results they have to get a lot better to hang with LCA and Beechwood. At this point Mayfield is a solid number 3. The big question is who is number 4 at this point? It's a long season anything could happen. 

Mayfield vs classification: 

5A,4A,3A,6A,4A,2A,2A,2A,2A,4A  = 32/60

Current record - 3-0

Opponent combined record as of week 3 = 9-19 (win % 32%)

OOWP = .33

RPI = 0.499 (through 3 games) 

I agree with this assessment.  If Mayfield would've beat Murray in the playoffs, I think the semi-final result would have been the same.  Can't speak to the entire rosters of the top three teams, but Beechwood and LCA both have much better QB play than Mayfield, and I don't think that has changed this year.  Mayfield QB has played much better so far this season compared to last, but I don't know if the improvement will be enough to hang with the top two.  District wise, I don't think Caldwell will be a factor this year, but Mayfield will have to beat Murray twice to even get to play one of the top two teams, and they couldn't do that last year so...

• Like 3