BluegrassPreps Class 2A Football Rankings 9/6

TheDeuce

2 minutes ago, BadaBing said:

I agree with this assessment.  If Mayfield would've beat Murray in the playoffs, I think the semi-final result would have been the same.  Can't speak to the entire rosters of the top three teams, but Beechwood and LCA both have much better QB play than Mayfield, and I don't think that has changed this year.  Mayfield QB has played much better so far this season compared to last, but I don't know if the improvement will be enough to hang with the top two.  District wise, I don't think Caldwell will be a factor this year, but Mayfield will have to beat Murray twice to even get to play one of the top two teams, and they couldn't do that last year so...

I'm with you @BadaBing .  I think Caldwell is down also.

The Murray/Mayfield match up is going to be interesting.  Mayfield will definitely be the favorite considering what they have returning vs the Murray squad.  Mayfield has the same exact squad from last year with the addition of a healthy Jax Rorgers who is a tremendous addition at LB and good short yardage back in their wishbone set that has been reintroduced in their offense. The Qb play will be the deciding factor and from what I have seen so far, I don't see them getting over either of the top two teams. 

Murray has been stingy on with their run defense but has been suspect (at best) through the air.  They are still trying to learn and get comfortable with their new defense coach Bowling has introduced.  Their offense has looked better each time out.  They are making progress and have looked more and more efficient each time out.  Murray has struggled this year with injuries and quarantined players.  They have yet played a game at full strength and it looks to continue at least until the Caldwell game.  For the Tigers to even compete for the district title, they will need all hands on deck.

4 minutes ago, Jason Bucklen said:

Beechwood plays Cov Cath and Dixie back to back in a few weeks so that should help their RPI. 

I think you are right. Mayfield plays McCracken 6A, Calloway & Madisonville both 4A.  Currently, they are 2-7 combined. 

• Like 1