Hendersonville (TN) at South Warren Predictions/Updates

Purple88

Who Wins this game?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• South Warren
    • Hendersonville, TN

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/27/2021 at 10:00 PM

Did anyone have a better opening weekend than the South Warren Spartans?  One of the 5A favorites, came out of the gates really strong against a somewhat unknown North Hardin 2021 squad and controlled the nightcap of the 2021 Rafferty’s Bowl in a 30-7 win.  The Spartans were in control from the get-go and led 23-0 at halftime.  North Hardin scored on their final drive of the game, but that was likely with many of the defensive starters on the bench.

SR QB Caden Veltcamp auditioned for his next four years, as the WKU commit looked good going 12 for 20 passing and 121 yards with 2 TDs and also added an 11-yard rushing score.

But the South Warren defense was, for me, the real show in this game, as the stingy Spartan defense only surrendered 50 yards passing to a good SR North Hardin QB and minus 15 yards rushing (when you add in the sack losses).  5A – you are officially on notice!!!

Next up for the Spartans is an hour drive south into Tennessee for a matchup against the 6A Hendersonville Commandos!  I do not know much of anything about the Commandos, so I reached out to my man @Maroon Beech, who really came through for us.  According to mainstreetpreps.com, Hendersonville runs the wing-T.  They are well coached with a lot of size up front.  They were ranked in the preseason at #10 in 6A and #30 in the State of Tennessee.  They played the #1 team in the entire State of Tennessee and 6A in Oakland last Friday night and were defeated 42-10.  A link to the recap of that Oakland vs Hendersonville battle is below:

(pretty cool as it has a video from both team’s positive plays- and I’ll just say here that I like Louisville Male vs Oakland in a KY’s best vs TN’s best)

Hendersonville vs Oakland | Football | 8/21/2020 | MaxPreps

The Commandos head Coach is James Beasley (22-14 in 3 seasons at Hendersonville).  The defense is listed as “50/Odd Front”; I’m not sure what that is exactly but sure some on here could get us in the know on that.  Hendersonville returns 7 offensive starters and 6 defensive starters from a club that went 7-4 last season losing in the second round to Riverdale.

Key returners for the Commando’s include:  Ellis Ellis (ATH/DB, Sr.), Donnell Brown (OL/DL, Sr.), Jack Busey (TE/DE, Sr.), Jameson Wharton (DB/WR, Sr.), Kyle Duvall (OL/DL, Jr.), Jaden Thorton (OL/DE, Sr.), Anthony Christian (LB/TE, Sr.), Luke Manning (QB, Sr.), Torin Baker (RB/DB, Sr.), Jack Brown (FB/DB, Sr.), Mason Lilly (OL/DL, Soph.), Stevin Mack (RB/LB, Jr.).

One piece of perspective on this game.  The one thing I know about South Warren is that if you want to beat them (ESPECIALLY this year), you need to be able to throw the ball at least some.  When I hear "Wing-T" offense vs the Spartan defense, I think long night for the Commandos.  But again, I know nothing about Hendersonville to be fair to them.  Also Football - CoachT.com Message Boards is a good spot to check out what the TN folks might be saying about this game.

What do the Spartan’s need to do or focus on to start the season 2-0?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hope South Warren softens Hendersonville up, as we have to travel crosstown to play them in Week #3.  Should be really interesting to see the Commandos attempt to defend a good passing attack.  Their Wing-T offense looks simple to defend, but if you're not used to playing against that offense, it can be a challenge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• theguru changed the title to South Warren at Hendersonville (TN) Predictions/Updates
  • theguru changed the title to Hendersonville (TN) at South Warren Predictions/Updates

Hendersonville did not impress last week.  Played Oakland and got thumped 42-7.  

I would hate to start the season with the best in TN and now one of the best in KY 👀.  I will predict an 0-2 start for the Commandos.

I'll take South by three touchdowns.

23 minutes ago, FB Head said:

Hendersonville did not impress last week.  Played Oakland and got thumped 42-7.  

I would hate to start the season with the best in TN and now one of the best in KY 👀.  I will predict an 0-2 start for the Commandos.

I'll take South by three touchdowns.

They are 0-2. Lost to Mt Juliet 41-35.