St. Xavier 51 Owensboro 38

GREAT Game to start year!

the heat was a factor as both teams had to play with backups. Gutty win by X and glad O schedules this game. Wish they would have given Wimsatt the ball the last 2 series more instead of the run game 

According to radio,

Wimsatt 300 yds passing. 
X 375 yards rushing and 500 yards total offense. St X never punts all night. 
But Hope Micah Carter not hurt bad. 

I’ll probably have 10 posts but Wow what a game.  Can’t believe X offensive line controlled O def line.  Wow couldn’t stop the runs the timely throws.  I hope all athletes are OK because we dropped a lot tonight and I know X did.  Congrats X and thanks for taking this game.  It did OHS a world of good.

• Like 1

Teddy Meiers hurt hand and should be back at some point. Micah Carter a question mark. I saw video of him getting injured and didn't look good. I'm just hoping guys get back healthy by playoffs.

Not too many teams are going to beat Owensboro. They will roll through schedule until playoffs.

• Like 2

Wimsatt great performance that only elevates his Mr. Football status.  A normal or even good QB wouldn’t come close to his scrambling, throwing and running.  What a leader.  Most QBs and the score of that game was 51-0.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Brown said:

Wimsatt great performance that only elevates his Mr. Football status.  A normal or even good QB wouldn’t come close to his scrambling, throwing and running.  What a leader.  Most QBs and the score of that game was 51-0.

Yeah, X was getting rush but couldn't get to him and threw some great passes in endzone.

Did Sivori get banged up towards end 1st quarter going into 2nd quarter? Or did X just want to give Mekhi's some series at QB. Saw the clip of Carter's injury; tough situation for him. Hope nothing but the best for him and whatever the official diagnosis is he's able to return fully healthy. 

Watched some of the game from last night and few thoughts: Was impressed with St. X run game. Looked like the OL played very well from the outside. All running backs and QB had nice holes to run through consistently. I understand defensively St. X was playing with number of backups on defense, but they found a way to over come and play a bit more consistent during the second half. And a lot of players got a lot of varsity game reps and that's invaluable, and I'm sure Owensboro was dealing with the same thing. 

Wimsatt is a DUDE! He made some throws that very few in the state can make ie. first TD pass. He is a super gunslinger back there and will again be a top contender for the 5A championship. 

Great game to start the season! But its a long season and improvements must continue. 

• Like 1