Survivor 41

On 12/5/2021 at 10:30 AM, Voice of Reason said:

Idols going back into play. The preview for this week showed Danny looking for an idol. 

When is the final time you can use an idol? Is final 6 or final 5? I don't think it can be used when you get to the final 4. Surprised I can't remember that.

Usually it's Final 5.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Xander was a massive target come the merge.  He's done a brilliant job of moving that target off him and still hanging onto his idol this whole time is a little crazy.

I said that to my wife last night: "Xander's STILL got an idol, he's either winning immunity or he's at least super competitive in the individual immunity challenges each week, and he just sat through tribal council without even being thought about, mentioned, or really even saying anything."

3 hours ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I said that to my wife last night: "Xander's STILL got an idol, he's either winning immunity or he's at least super competitive in the individual immunity challenges each week, and he just sat through tribal council without even being thought about, mentioned, or really even saying anything."

I'm starting to overthink last night a little and thinking about Xander's idol.

Danny knew that they thought he had the idol.  So DeShawn and Danny voted for each other because they predicted correctly that the others would split their votes between the two of them.  Why didn't they both vote for say Xander?  This forces a three way tie and now Xander is vulnerable because he can't use his idol.  Would someone have switched and voted for Xander?  I don't know, but its possible they would have.  I'd have like to see them try that, with or without telling anyone ahead of time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Danny knew that they thought he had the idol.  So DeShawn and Danny voted for each other because they predicted correctly that the others would split their votes between the two of them.  Why didn't they both vote for say Xander?  This forces a three way tie and now Xander is vulnerable because he can't use his idol.  Would someone have switched and voted for Xander?  I don't know, but its possible they would have.  I'd have like to see them try that, with or without telling anyone ahead of time.

I've got to imagine that should Ricard not win immunity the rest of the way on, Xander is going to be the winner. But if they keep up with the balance-then-puzzle challenges for immunity, I think there's a real possibility Ricard may win the immunity idols from here on.

I was thinking while I was watching last night....physical strength just isn't really any advantage any more in the VAST majority of Survivor challenges, which I think is kind of lame. I realize they're trying to level the playing field on challenges, so they go with things like endurance, concentration, balance, sandbag throwing, shooting slingshots, throwing hoops, shooting baskets, untying knots, and solving puzzles...but with the exception of like, digging out and pushing those giant balls in the sand in one of the earlier team challenges, and pushing the big wood timbers down that track in another of the earlier team challenges, there hasn't been anything challenge-wise that was reliant on strength whatsoever.

If I was preparing to compete on Survivor, I would be brushing up on untying knots, doing puzzles, and taking yoga classes....and I think that's kinda lame.

4 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I've got to imagine that should Ricard not win immunity the rest of the way on, Xander is going to be the winner. But if they keep up with the balance-then-puzzle challenges for immunity, I think there's a real possibility Ricard may win the immunity idols from here on.

I was thinking while I was watching last night....physical strength just isn't really any advantage any more in the VAST majority of Survivor challenges, which I think is kind of lame. I realize they're trying to level the playing field on challenges, so they go with things like endurance, concentration, balance, sandbag throwing, shooting slingshots, throwing hoops, shooting baskets, untying knots, and solving puzzles...but with the exception of like, digging out and pushing those giant balls in the sand in one of the earlier team challenges, and pushing the big wood timbers down that track in another of the earlier team challenges, there hasn't been anything challenge-wise that was reliant on strength whatsoever.

If I was preparing to compete on Survivor, I would be brushing up on untying knots, doing puzzles, and taking yoga classes....and I think that's kinda lame.

1000%.  I've been preaching this for quite a while with co-workers that watch the show.

Survivor shifted a really long time ago from having a lot of strength related challenges, especially on individual challenges, quite a while ago.  That's why it always drove me nuts when people early are like, "we gotta get out XYZ because they are so strong".  The immunity challenges now are built for someone with decent endurance and pretty good at puzzles.

They won't do it because its boring, but I'd love to see them go back to just standing on a post for 12 hours lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Missed opportunity for Danny, Deshawn....and Erika. 

Erika needed a resume builder.  Had the three of them gotten together and blind-sided Xander they could have taken control. 

• Like 1