Survivor 41

10 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Xander just wasn't very good at stating his case to the jury. His game play was so much better than he stated to the jury. And honestly I am trying to figure out what Erika did that was so great. She broke the hour glass. What else?

She did orchestrate one blindside where there was a three way tie and then a revote, but I can't remember who they took out with it.  But yeah, I wasn't impressed either.

The whole jury seemed pretty set on voting for Erika and all thought that she played a great game.  We sure as hell didn't see it.  It's almost like the producers were so focused not making a "winner's edit" that they might have done Erika quite a disservice.

Because yeah, I really don't get it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Ricard played a fine season, but I think he had a very inflated opinion of how good he really was. He is not one of the all time greats.

He sure was high on himself last night, wasn't he?  Ricard grew on me a lot throughout the season and I think he was definitely the best player this season.  But his comments about himself last night were quite a turnoff for me.

• Like 2

Throughout this season there wasn't really anyone that I really like.  But sitting there looking at the jury last night, there were a handful that I'd like to see play again (e.g. Naseer, Xander, Ricard, Shan, Danny).

For the first season after a Survivor hiatus, as well as following an epic Season 40, I thought this was all together a pretty solid season, minus that stupid thing where they have to say a random sentence.  Hoping the last time we see that is Season 42.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Throughout this season there wasn't really anyone that I really like.  But sitting there looking at the jury last night, there were a handful that I'd like to see play again (e.g. Naseer, Xander, Ricard, Shan, Danny).

For the first season after a Survivor hiatus, as well as following an epic Season 40, I thought this was all together a pretty solid season, minus that stupid thing where they have to say a random sentence.  Hoping the last time we see that is Season 42.

I really liked Naseer, I think he's legit a great dude. Xander seems to be a really good kid too.

Boooooooooo.   Underwhelming.  I didn’t get why they chose Erika over Xander.  He played a better game and I thought that was clear.  Having a whole game of good play ruined because of 5 minutes in front of the jury doesn’t sit right with me.  

I laughed at Deshawn when he realized he wasn’t winning.  His facial expressions and body language were comedy.  

Erika never impressed me.  Hell, I wasn’t sure if she’d even break the hourglass.  Oh well, on to the next season.    

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Maybe so, but this season was very weak from a competition and strategy standpoint. He was maybe the best of a subpar group of competitors.

I didn’t like how they shared their idols and advantages.  That’s not good strategy to share like that.   In my opinion.   Danny got it right when he basically told Ricard that you’ll have to wait and see.   

• Like 1