#13 Beechwood vs #2 Danville at University of Kentucky (State Playoffs- Semi-State)

Any thoughts? I don’t know much about Danville but I looked up their stats and they multiple players with 10+ home runs. I heard people saying they have as many as 4 D-1 prospects. Sounds like a big hill to climb for the Tigers. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BrosefStalin said:

So are fields in the 12th all bandboxes or are these extraordinary HR numbers legit?

7 of the 12 top HR hitters coming from one region seems a bit odd. Thanks in advance. 

Danville’s park is kinda small but these are excellent players. Howe is going to UK, Wood to Louisville, Baxter to Marshall, and Barnes is heavily recruited (may have committed but not sure). That said, I think Beechwood can play with them. It probably favors the Tigers to keep it low scoring, like against CovCath.

• Like 1

For those of an older age who may remember, Danville is coached by Paul Morse. Morse was a three sport star at Danville in the late-80s then played baseball at UK. He spent several years in minor league baseball, making it to Triple-A. He’s been the coach at Danville for some time now and recently won his 500th game. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

Danville’s park is kinda small but these are excellent players. Howe is going to UK, Wood to Louisville, Baxter to Marshall, and Barnes is heavily recruited (may have committed but not sure). That said, I think Beechwood can play with them. It probably favors the Tigers to keep it low scoring, like against CovCath.

To be clear, no one is doubting Danville's roster is loaded...it's just insane to see their power/offensive numbers.

* 15 players in the state with 9 or more HR and Danville has 7 of those players on their rosters, including four of the top 5.

* 84 total HR while 2nd place Trinity has 41.

* 67 more total runs scored than 2nd place Bowling Green. 

Does their home field have a fence? If so, how deep are the fences? 

11 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

To be clear, no one is doubting Danville's roster is loaded...it's just insane to see their power/offensive numbers.

* 15 players in the state with 9 or more HR and Danville has 7 of those players on their rosters, including four of the top 5.

* 84 total HR while 2nd place Trinity has 41.

* 67 more total runs scored than 2nd place Bowling Green. 

Does their home field have a fence? If so, how deep are the fences? 

"No disrespect towards Danville, but ... Woopsy, my bad."

c6ace2d3caa443a9b399ace6c3f7bb41.jpg

Did a little Google Maps measurements, and looks like deepest part of their park is roughly 327', in center. Down the lines are less than 300', with gaps around 300'. 

That's extremely small for varsity baseball.  Could this negatively impact Danville playing on UK's field?

1 minute ago, RRW said:

Did a little Google Maps measurements, and looks like deepest part of their park is roughly 327', in center. Down the lines are less than 300', with gaps around 300'. 

That's extremely small for varsity baseball.  Could this negatively impact Danville playing on UK's field?

Sounds more like a softball field. 

If I’m not mistaken there were a bunch of complaints before they hosted, what I assume was their first region tournament, like 10 yesr ago. Believe field got measured by KHSAA officials at 305-335-300 w a 10’ feet all the way around except it’s 12’ in CF. According to KHSAA the height of fence adds like 20 additional feet to their calculations which makes it legal to host regional. 

In saying all that they haven’t hit this many HRs individually or as a team in awhile for what I can remember so irregardless of field size they must be pretty legit w the bat. 

• Like 1

Also just discovered these stats/facts about the Ads this year:

* They currently lead the nation in HR

* Christian Howe (UK) and Ethan Wood (UL) are #1 and #2 in the nation in HR with 20 and 17 respectively. Preston Barnes is #5 with 15.

* Even if they don't hit another HR this entire season, they'll finish in the top 15 of all-time in the US in HR's for a high school team in a single season.

* They lead the state in BA, R, H, 2B, HR, RBI, and pitching K's. 

As the Cowboys says....oh my.