#13 Beechwood vs #2 Danville at University of Kentucky (State Playoffs- Semi-State)

44 minutes ago, Tigers88 said:

How many years have they been playing at this field? If it was that much different wouldn't we see this every year? I am sure it helps but sounds like a solid group in 2021.

Forever. I don’t remember them playing anywhere else. This is just a really good hitting team. 

1 hour ago, Tigers88 said:

How many years have they been playing at this field? If it was that much different wouldn't we see this every year? I am sure it helps but sounds like a solid group in 2021.

Been playing there over 30-40 years that I know of. Think they just got the taller fences 10 or so years ago, beforehand they were just 3-4’ tall. 

Curious about Danville's hitting in general, and homers in particular, I ran some numbers ~

W-L Record 38-3. Home - 19-1. Away - 13-0. Neutral - 6-2. Screenshot of the 2021 season's results can be seen below.

At Danville, the Ads this season have outscored their opponents 213-31; on the road 217-39. Excellent hitting? Yes. Excellent pitching too? For sure.

Home runs? At Danville - a 55-8 edge versus opponents. Home - 2.75 HR/G. Road - 1.38 HR/G. Using only the road HR/G numbers they'd still rank No.1 in the state. No. 2 Trinity averages 0.95 HR/G.

Against ranked teams in games at Danville - won 3 lost 1. Out-homered (No. 9 Lafayette, No. 10 LCA, No. 23 Paintsville, and No. 26 Somerset) a combined 5-3.

Add in the numbers Comrade Brosef provided, Danville's power prowess seems legit.

Looking forward to a great game. Go Tigers!

Screenshot_20210612-085758__01.jpg

6 minutes ago, Runcible Owl said:

Curious about Danville's hitting in general, and homers in particular, I ran some numbers ~

W-L Record 38-3. Home - 19-1. Away - 13-0. Neutral - 6-2. Screenshot of the 2021 season's results can be seen below.

At Danville, the Ads this season have outscored their opponents 213-31; on the road 217-39. Excellent hitting? Yes. Excellent pitching too? For sure.

Home runs? At Danville - a 55-8 edge versus opponents. Home - 2.75 HR/G. Road - 1.38 HR/G. Using only the road HR/G numbers they'd still rank No.1 in the state. No. 2 Trinity averages 0.95 HR/G.

Against ranked teams in games at Danville - won 3 lost 1. Out-homered (No. 9 Lafayette, No. 10 LCA, No. 23 Paintsville, and No. 26 Somerset) a combined 5-3.

Add in the numbers Comrade Brosef provided, Danville's power prowess seems legit.

Looking forward to a great game. Go Tigers!

Screenshot_20210612-085758__01.jpg

Comrade Brosef lol. Well played Sir! 

Go Tigers! 

1 minute ago, BWTigers said:

6-4 Final. Tough day with errors for the Tigers. Howe pitched well and got the win.

A lot of unearned runs for both teams in this one. 

The good news for Tigers fans is this is a young team. Two of their top three pitchers return. They will be tough again next year.