Cam Hergott (Beechwood '22) Recruiting

16 minutes ago, theguru said:

That is a lot of competition!

And the kid from Simon Kenton left after 2 years at Concordia D2 school with limited numbers and playing time, redshirted 2 times there.

And the Cayman kid is a 3 star signed at Nevada before coming to EKU

I have no insight here, but I wonder if EKU wanted to take Cam last year and Cam wanted to go there, but couldn’t because of scholarship numbers. Instead of offering a traditional “grey shirt” where they player just kind of works out in the fall and joins the team at winter workouts, now he gets game reps to keep developing and I assume will still join the team in Jan 2022.  

Anyway congrats to him, I think he’s an awesome player and am not looking forward to playing against him this year. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TyroneBigsby said:

To call this a head scratching saga is an understatement. He said he wanted to come back to play a non-covid season and go to camps to get more exposure and a better offer. Then a month later gets that offer, commits, and declares he still going to play a second senior season, and leave for college when the season ends. There is zero reason he or anyone else who has committed should be playing another season of high school ball if they were seniors last year. 

Is that the plan? To play football in the fall and then enroll at EKU in the spring of 2022?

If I’m not mistaken, BW ruling to play mandated staying for entire school year or diploma withheld. Either way, all you experts on here speaking on Cam’s behalf are cracking me up. Maybe, just maybe he went for a camp, workout, visit, ended up really liking the program and coaches, and wanted to commit. Is that possible?  Move on folks. He will be back. Let it go………

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LoudenSwain said:

If I’m not mistaken, BW ruling to play mandated staying for entire school year or diploma withheld. Either way, all you experts on here speaking on Cam’s behalf are cracking me up. Maybe, just maybe he went for a camp, workout, visit, ended up really liking the program and coaches, and wanted to commit. Is that possible?  Move on folks. He will be back. Let it go………

I’m not speaking on his behalf or speculating, it appears you are. I’m just stating the facts. His mother said online that he will be at EKU in January. My point is that his reasons for returning have been accomplished, and I see no reason to play another season. It certainly has nothing to do with Covid or missing out on something last season.

Maybe, just maybe,  let’s consider all of these kids who will now sit behind a returning senior, or will play in a playoff or championship game against a school who allowed kids to return. In this case, a kid who has already graduated, has committed to a college, and will leave BW after the championship game. If everyone is okay with that, so be it. Just seems hypocritical to me. Let’s not pretend we care about the kids, their high school experience, or the opportunities we apparently feel they’re entitled to. This is about winning games. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2021 at 11:49 AM, Brcatz said:

Here's the current QB roster spots and Transfers in at bottom for EKU,

8 Current QB's listed and most have tons of experience and playing time.

Cam is is listed at 6'3 200 on 247 sports.  Head Scratcher for Sure!!!

https://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/college-football/players/full/4250715.png
QB
6' 4"
225 lbs
JR
Lebanon, OH

https://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/college-football/players/full/4241590.png
QB
6' 0"
205 lbs
JR
Lawndale, CA

https://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/college-football/players/full/4368767.png
QB
6' 3"
208 lbs
SO
Coalfield, TN

https://a.espncdn.com/combiner/i?img=/i/headshots/nophoto.png&w=200&h=146
QB
6' 4"
215 lbs
SO
Independence, KY

https://a.espncdn.com/i/headshots/college-football/players/full/4570875.png
QB
6' 3"
193 lbs
FR
North Miami, FL
Also Have Current Transfers
Cord Sandberg   Auburn transfer   Soph 6'3 222
DJ Boney Frosh  6'3 210
Elias Allen Frosh 6'1 210

Velez transferred back home to FIU I think it was, Allen moved positions to TE, and Cureton went back home, room was getting thin.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, TyroneBigsby said:

I’m not speaking on his behalf or speculating, it appears you are. I’m just stating the facts. His mother said online that he will be at EKU in January. My point is that his reasons for returning have been accomplished, and I see no reason to play another season. It certainly has nothing to do with Covid or missing out on something last season.

Maybe, just maybe,  let’s consider all of these kids who will now sit behind a returning senior, or will play in a playoff or championship game against a school who allowed kids to return. In this case, a kid who has already graduated, has committed to a college, and will leave BW after the championship game. If everyone is okay with that, so be it. Just seems hypocritical to me. Let’s not pretend we care about the kids, their high school experience, or the opportunities we apparently feel they’re entitled to. This is about winning games. 

Is this any different than kids who have repeated 7th or 8th grade?

8 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Is this any different than kids who have repeated 7th or 8th grade?

Not even in the same realm and kind of comedic you are trying to compare this debacle to a kid repeating 7th or 8th grade.  

32 minutes ago, bjknku02 said:

Not even in the same realm and kind of comedic you are trying to compare this debacle to a kid repeating 7th or 8th grade.  

How is it different? Why does a student athlete choose to repeat 7th or 8th grade and how is that different?

A thoughtful answer is requested over a cryptic slur.