Cam Hergott (Beechwood '22) Recruiting

I'm assuming Cam's reclassification from Class of '21 to Class of '22 basically wipes out all of the college offers he had previously.

Prior to committing to Akron, where he was a preferred walk-on, Hergott had received offers from Mount St. Joe, Centre, Dayton, Butler, Valparaiso, Morehead State, Bryant. He had also gotten attention from Miami Ohio, Toledo, Middle Tennessee, EKU, Cornell and Penn, but did not receive offers from any of them.

I'll be curious to see which of those programs express continued/renewed interest, and whether or not he has anyone new looking at him.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, theguru said:

That pretty much locks it up for me, coming back is the right decision for Cam.

Congrats Cam!

The rule was put in place for those who struggled academically, not those who didn't like their scholarship offers.  His decision has nothing to do with his academics.  You can't fault the kid for making the decision he did, but you can fault those who allowed the decision to occur.  I don't care what anyone says, my mind will never be changed in this instance and any instances where the kid is coming back strictly for athletics.  

• Like 4

3 hours ago, theguru said:

That pretty much locks it up for me, coming back is the right decision for Cam.

Congrats Cam!

Bingo! And anyone who DOESN'T get it and continues to ignorantly criticize Cam or his decision needs to just stop. Time to move on. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BrosefStalin said:

Bingo! And anyone who DOESN'T get it and continues to ignorantly criticize Cam or his decision needs to just stop. Time to move on. 

Why?  The rule was put in place for those who struggled with their academics and he is only coming back because of athletics.  If he wasn't a football player, he would not be making this decision.  I think any individual that pays taxes in Ft. Mitchell has every right to criticize this decision as much as they want.      

• Like 1

No politics everyone.

Speculation about the "intent" of the Kentucky Supplemental School Year Program (SSYP) is inherently political in nature and not a topic allowed under our Terms of Service.

In short, intent doesn't matter at this point, student-athletes are allowed to repeat a year and play sports period. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bjknku02 said:

The rule was put in place for those who struggled academically, not those who didn't like their scholarship offers.  His decision has nothing to do with his academics.  You can't fault the kid for making the decision he did, but you can fault those who allowed the decision to occur.  I don't care what anyone says, my mind will never be changed in this instance and any instances where the kid is coming back strictly for athletics.  

Beechwood didn’t return to school until March. I can assure you with 100% that BW kids were affected academically. That’s coming from a parent. Is what it is folks.  

congrats Cam!  Keep grinding!!!

Enough conversation about the motivations for using the re-do year or your personal feelings about it.

Cam is allowed to repeat his senior year, and he is repeating it.

We've had plenty of other threads to discuss the details of the SSYP ad nauseam. This is not one of them.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1